So this recipe is as easy as it gets… BUT I feel like it really shouldn’t be missing from anyones festive treats list. Peppermint bark, or more specifically candy cane bark – it’s an all time christmas favourite (if you’re into minty-chocolaty things that is) and as I said it’s pretty darn easy and quick to make.
Plus I keep having to remind myself that as a vegan I don’t have to miss out on all the yummy festive fun! I just might have to swop around some ingredients and recreate a dairy/egg free version at home. So here we go: delicious, super easy & quick Vegan Peppermint Bark!
- 1 bar of dark dairy free chocolate
- candy canes
- optional: 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Chop the chocolate bar in pieces and melt in a water bath or in the microwave on a low heat. Chocolate starts burning really quickly which ruins the texture so be careful!
- If the melted chocolate is quite thick you can add 1 Tbsp of coconut oil to make the chocolate creamier and easier to spread.
- Cover the candy canes with baking paper and use an object with a flat surface (I used a cup) to break them into pieces.
- Then pour/spread the melted chocolate in a flat baking dish that you covered with baking or non stick paper.
- Sprinkle the candy cane pieces on top and pop it in the fridge for 10 minutes to cool.