This recipe is a marriage of two of my all time favourite autumn ingredients: brussels sprouts and pomegranate seeds. They don’t just make a banging colour combo, they also compliment each other rather nicely in flavour and texture.
The balsamic glazed sprouts are tender with crispy caramelised edges and mixed with toasted walnuts and juicy pomegranate seeds.
I’ve served mine with fragrant black rice and a glass of red wine and I recommend you do the same. It’s the perfect hearty meal for a chilly October night!
And have I mentioned how quick and easy this recipe is? There’s no reason not to make it for dinner tonight. Off you go!
I’m on Twitter now! Hop on over to My Vibrant Kitchen on Twitter and follow me for my latest creations as well as all the ridiculously delicious vegan recipes by my favourite food bloggers.
If you make this recipe at home be sure to tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I love seeing all your beautiful recreations. And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter to get the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries straight to your inbox.
- 500 g brussels sprouts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp crushed black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 50 g walnut halves
- ½ pomegranate
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Wash and half the brussels sprouts and place them on a baking tray. Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, pepper, salt and walnut halves and mix well until everything is evenly coated.
- Pop the tray in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the brussels sprouts are tender and golden brown on the edges.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. I served mine with wild black rice.