Not long until New Years Eve! I hope all of you enjoyed the Holidays and didn’t go crazy with all the last minute Christmas shopping, festive meal planning and overeating. I know I almost did.
The year is coming to an end and I’m sure we’ll all see in the new one with a bang.
I will spend New Years Eve with my boyfriend and friends in the countryside – and lots and lots of bubbles.
Where are you guys going to clink glasses at midnight this NYE? How about a lil’ twist to spice up our fizz this year?
Most of this Pomegranate Lime & Mint Fizz Cocktail can be prepared at home and easily brought along to the party. Just add the bubbles et voila: a delicious and refreshing NYE cocktail.
The most important ingredient (apart from the sparkling wine) is the pomegranate syrup. Just make it in advance and bring it in a little bottle or jug. Add limes, mint leaves and pomegranate seeds (optional) for garnishing and all your friends will be in for a
surprise treat. Have a great New Years Eve. Till next year!
- 4 cups pure pomegranate juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 bottle of sparkling white wine
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 4 limes
- a bunch of mint leaves
- 1 pomegranate
- Prepare ice cubes in advance.
- Pour the pomegranate juice, the sugar and the lime juice in a saucepan and boil and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Turn down the stove to a low heat and let the brew sizzle for 1 ½ hours or until it has reduced to about 1 cup and has a syrup consistency.
- Take it off the stove and leave it to cool.
- When the pomegranate syrup is cold (or whenever you want to make the cocktails) cut up the limes and place them 2 quarters in each glass. Add mint leaves and 1 tea spoon of the pomegranate syrup and crush them with a spoon.
- Then add a couple of ice cubes and top with chilled sparkling white wine.
- Garnish the cocktail with pomegranate seeds and clink glasses!