Sunny London, a warm breeze and blue skies got me all excited and creative. And when I’m inspired I cook.
It’s the season of garden parties, barbecues and picnics. And chilled white wine of course.
Roasted white wine peaches with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce is my answer to all of the above.
I came up with this dish as a light, boozy and very flavoursome dessert to make on the grill but really it’s just the perfect treat for any warm summer evening, wether you’re having a barbecue or not.
Fresh and fragrant peaches soaked in citrusy white wine, roasted to bring out the beautiful flavours and topped with cool and creamy vanilla ice cream and home made chocolate sauce.
Didn’t plan on having a barbecue tonight? Just roast the peach halves in the oven instead.
Looking for vegan barbecue dishes? Check out this couscous salad with crispy fried tofu and pomegranate seeds.
- 4 peaches
- ⅓ bottle white wine
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- vegan vanilla ice cream
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp coco powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cut the peaches in halves and remove the pit.
- In a bowl mix the white wine, lemon juice and sugar and add the peach halves. Make sure the peaches are fully covered.
- Pop it in the fridge over night or for at least 4 hours.
- Roast the peaches on the barbecue or alternatively in the oven until they turn soft and fragrant.
- In a small microwave save bowl melt the coconut oil. Add the maple syrup, coco powder and vanilla extract and stir until you have a smooth sauce.
- Top the roasted peaches with vegan vanilla ice cream (I use Swedish Glace) and chocolate sauce. Enjoy!