Let me introduce you to your new favourite BBQ dessert. It’s super quick ‘n easy to make yet beyond delicious AND there’s three exciting flavour combinations to choose from. Plus, they’re vegan too, of course.
Cookies & Cream, Peanut Butter & Chocolate and Caramelised Cinnamon BBQ Baked Bananas. Yum!
When I’m hosting a (vegan) BBQ I like to spent my time chatting to friends and sipping white wine in stead of chopping away in the kitchen. Which is where this treat comes in.
Just supply a big bowl of bananas, smaller bowls filled with the different toppings and some foil and let your guests self-assemble their baked bananas. Pop them on the BBQ and when they’re ready, top off the steaming hot bananas with a scoop of coconut cream. Now all that’s left to do is dive in and indulge.
- 3 bananas
- 4 cookies (Oreo style)
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 4 pieces of dark chocolate
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 can coconut cream
- Slice open one side of the bananas.
- Stuff one of the bananas with cookie chunks, one with peanut butter and chocolate pieces and the third one with cinnamon and light brown sugar.
- Wrap the bananas in foil and roast them on the barbecue. Alternatively you can bake them in the oven instead.
- Roast them for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer them to plates and top off with a scoop of coconut cream. Enjoy!