The past week it seemed London’s planning on skipping Spring all together and is heading right into Summer. I’m not complaining of course! Long sunny days and t-shirt weather has kissed my winter blues goodbye and left me craving the sea, lemonade and ice cream.
Since I’ve got to wait another two weeks for the sea (San Francisco, lucky me!) I thought I’d celebrate the blue skies by combining the other two.
Vegan blueberry rosemary lemonade ice cream floats.
It’s the best of both worlds! Sweet & zingy, creamy & refreshing, a drink and a dessert.
The perfect addition to your next free sunny afternoon!
If you make this recipe at home be sure to tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I love seeing all your beautiful recreations. And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter below to get the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries straight to your inbox.
- 200 g frozen blueberries
- 2 rosemary sprig, leaves only
- 50 g caster sugar
- 2 lemons
- 1 l water
- vegan vanilla ice cream (I used Swedish Glace)
- Remove the rosemary leaves from the sprig. Juice the lemons and pour the juice in a small sauce pan. Add the blueberries, rosemary leaves and sugar and bring it to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Strain the juice through a sift and pop it in the fridge to cool.
- Once cold add the water.
- Scoop 2 to 3 scoops of ice cream in each glass and then pour the lemonade on top until the glass is full. Enjoy!