Happy weekend everyone! This one’s for all of you (and me!) chocolate lovers out there.
I didn’t really know what to call this baby. It’s a slicable, creamy, silky chocolate pudding (American meaning of pudding) which I let set in a cake dish, a bit like a creamy chocolate pie filling I guess. So in the end I went for: vegan chocolate pudding silk pie.
If you can think of a better name please feel free to let me know in the comment section!
It’s an incredibly delicious chocolate dessert and I think that’s all that counts.
And since it’s still super cold in London I added steaming hot berries. And let me tell you: good decision! The two compliment each other really well: hot & cold, tangy & sweet. Just an all around YES!
It’s the perfect weekend treat. We’ll have some for dessert tonight … and probably for breakfast tomorrow morning. What can I say, I’m a serious chocoholic.
If you make this recipe at home be sure to tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen. I love seeing all your beautiful recreations. And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter below to get the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries straight to your inbox.
- 2 cans coconut milk (400ml each)
- ¼ cup cornflour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 bag frozen mixed berries
- Pour/scrape the coconut milk into a saucepan.
- Spoon a few spoons full of the liquid in a small bowl and stir in the cornflour. Mix it well and add more liquid if necessary.
- Bring the coconut milk in the saucepan to a boil, add the coconut milk and cornflour mixture and stir with a whisk.
- Turn down the heat and keep stirring while the mixture starts to thicken. Don't stop whisking to avoid lumps from forming.
- Then stir in the sugar and cocoa powder. Whisk for another minute.
- Take the saucepan off the hob and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture in a cake dish, preferably with removable bottom and pop it in the fridge over night.
- Before serving heat the frozen berries in a saucepan until they start boiling.
- Serve the chocolate pudding silk pie topped with hot berries. Enjoy!