I think this is the first recipe in about a month that isn’t festive or wintery. Even though, to be perfectly honest, I think they’d make rather great stocking fillers! I just can’t help myself, I’m feeling so festive at the moment I’d probably find a glimpse of the Christmas spirit in a glass of ice cold lemonade.
Anyways, lets talk vegan bounty bars. These coconut chocolate bars are the perfect combination of moist, sticky yet crumbly and utterly coconutty, dipped in creamy, dark chocolate. And what’s even better, they’re super easy to make, too!
If you make this recipe at home be sure to tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I love seeing all your beautiful recreations. And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter to get the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries straight to your inbox.
- 35 g coconut oil
- 150 g coconut cream
- 50 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g desiccated coconut
- 200 g dark dairy-free chocolate
- Add the coconut oil, coconut cream and icing sugar to a saucepan and heat the mixture on medium heat until melted. Add the vanilla extract and stir until you have a smooth liquid.
- Take the sauce pan off the heat and fold in the desiccated coconut. When the mixture is well combined use a spoon and your hands to shape logs.
- Place the coconut logs on a plate and let them set and firm in the freezer for at least one hour.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath and use a fork to dip the frozen coconut logs in the chocolate. The chocolate will set almost immediately. Let the vegan bounty bars defrost for 30 minutes.
- You can store them in an airtight container for about a week. Enjoy!