It’s Friday and I’ve got the perfect recipe for a chilly winter weekend for you today: my vegan cranberry chocolate chip banana bread!
It’s warming, incredibly moist, lightly spiced and will sweeten up even the greyest of January days. Though London’s all blue skies and sun today for a change…
I recommend having a slice or two, straight out of the oven with a cup of steaming hot tea or a mug of hot chocolate snuggled up on the sofa. That’s pretty much what my weekend will look like. Have a great one whatever you’re plans are! Also, it’s the first weekend of Veganuary, time to whip up a vegan storm in the kitchen?
If you make this recipe at home be sure to tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I love seeing all your beautiful recreations. And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter to get the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries straight to your inbox.
- 180 g flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 4 ripe bananas (about 420 g)
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 25 g sugar
- 100 g cranberries
- 150 g dark chocolate (chips or chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Using a blender, food processor or hand blender, blend the bananas, vegetable oil, sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon. When you've got a smooth batter transfer the mixture to a big mixing bowl and add the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and a pinch of salt. Mix everything with a whisk or fork then add the cranberries and chocolate chips and fold to combine.
- Pour and scrape the batter in a greased loaf tin and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the loaf cool for 5 to 10 minutes until removing it from the tin. Enjoy hot or cold.