What’s better than a delicious meal? A delicious meal that happens to be incredibly quick and easy to prepare, too! And this vegan creamy tomato mediterranean pasta dish ticks both boxes.
Tagliatelle covered in a rich and creamy tomato sauce, with olives, capers and artichokes, seasoned with oregano and thyme.
It’s bursting with flavours and all cooked in one pot which means very minimal washing up too! It’s a real win win.
Whether for your next dinner party, date night or to satisfy your midnight cravings, you definitely want to give this one a go, trust me.
If you do, be sure to tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I love seeing all your beautiful recreations. And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter below to get the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries straight to your inbox.
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 100 g black olives, sliced
- 1 heaped Tbsp capers
- 100 g artichokes
- 600 ml water
- 1½ tsp coarse sea salt (or 1 tsp table salt), more to taste
- Generous pinch of cracked black pepper
- 250 ml soy cream
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 250 g dry pasta (I used tagliatelle and I recommend you do too)
- Dice the onion and finely chop the garlic clove. Heat the olive oil in a medium to large pot, add the chopped onion and fry it over medium heat until translucent and slightly golden brown.
- Now add the garlic, chopped tomatoes, oregano, thyme, black olives, capers, artichokes, water, sea salt, pepper, soy cream and tomato paste.
- Once the mixture starts boiling add the pasta. Keep stirring and cook until the pasta is ready and the liquid has gone down and become a creamy sauce. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Told you this recipe was quick and easy! Enjoy.