Happy Sunday! It’s quarter past one on a Saturday night and I’m so excited about my new pancake recipe that I had to sit down and write this post for you guys so you could try them tomorrow morning for breakfast. Yes, that’s how much I love these pancakes!
A tall stack of the most fluffy vegan American style pancakes, packed with juicy, fresh blueberries that burst in your mouth. And then topped with creamy banana ice cream that melts on the hot pancakes most satisfyingly and sprinkled with more blueberries.
And best of all, it’s all incredibly quick and easy to prepare, too! Yet looks and tastes so indulgent, no one would ever guess.
If you make this recipe at home be sure to tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I love seeing all your beautiful recreations. And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter to get the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries straight to your inbox.
- 125 g white plain flour
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp corn flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp white caster sugar or sweetener of choice
- 140 ml soy milk or plant-based milk
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 100 g blueberries + more for topping
- 2 bananas
- Splash of plant-based milk
- Cut the bananas into slices and freeze them over night or at least for 4 hours.
- For the pancake batter mix the flour, corn flour, baking powder, sugar and pinch of salt in a bowl until well combined.
- Add the milk and vegetable oil and stir to combine. Don’t over mix the batter but make sure it’s rather smooth, not too lumpy. Then mix in the blueberries.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat and add a teaspoon of oil. Pour a small ladle full of batter on the centre of the hot pan and gently spread the batter with a spoon to form a circle. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface then flip using a spatular and cook until both sides are a light golden brown colour. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Once the last pancake has been fried, place the frozen banana slices and a splash of non-dairy milk in a blender and blitz until you have a smooth and creamy banana ice cream. Depending on the power of your blender you might have to add a bit more milk and give the blended banana slices an occasional stir with a spoon to help it blend better. Just make sure to turn off the blender when using the spoon.
- Stack the pancakes on plates, top them with banana ice cream and sprinkle with a generous amount of fresh blueberries. Enjoy!