I’m back! It’s been a little while since I’ve posted on here and I’m beyond happy to return to my little corner of the internet.
You won’t believe the kind of week I’ve had… A few days ago we were burgled. Someone (or several people) broke into our house while we were asleep and stole my laptop, amongst other things. With it went quite a bit of work and documents of upcoming projects and photos which were saved on the laptop and an SD card (which happened to be inside the laptop when it got stolen).
After a small meltdown and a lot of frustration I decided the only thing to do now was to move on, replace what I could and get back to work.
So I did! And even though some of the things I’ve been working on and have been itching to share with you guys have to be on the back-burner for now, there will be a lot of fresh content coming your way!
The one thing that made the past week a bit more bearable was the weather. London’s been surprising us with the most beautiful spring days lately and it’s really been lifting my mood.
This morning I treated myself to a breakfast in the sun in our little garden. Golden Milk Porridge. About a year ago my boyfriend and I really got into drinking a cup of golden milk before bed each night. Last night in bed I was craving the sweet turmeric ginger milk but couldn’t be bothered to get up and start brewing. Instead I decided to turn it into porridge this morning. And let me tell you, it’s a winner!
If you’re a fan of the drink, you’ll definitely love the porridge version and if you’re a porridge lover you might just want to try out an interesting new flavour. Anyhow, you should give it a go.
Rolled oats, creamy coconut milk, fresh turmeric root, a drizzle of maple syrup, fresh ginger and a pinch of chilli to give your breakfast bit of a kick. The perfect way to start your day!
If you make this recipe at home be sure to tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen. I love seeing all your beautiful recreations. And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter below to get the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries straight to your inbox.
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 3 cm turmeric root (2 tsp grated)
- 2 cm ginger root (2½ tsp grated)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 200 ml water
- 100g rolled oats
- First peel, then grate the turmeric and ginger root. Place the coconut milk in a sauce pan bring it to a boil.
- Stir in the grated turmeric and ginger and turn down the heat. When the milk turns yellow add the cinnamon and maple syrup and whisk until well combined. If you like your porridge on the sweeter side then add another tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Add the oats and the water and bring the mixture to a boil again. Then turn down the heat and let it simmer for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon the porridge into bowls and top with fruits and/or nuts. Enjoy!