Yes, you heard (uhm, read) right! Cake for breakfast. And not just any kind of cake. Vegan Granola Berry Breakfast Cheesecake. Welcome to breakfast heaven.
Kind of like your favourite berry granola bowl in a cheesecake bar. Great for all you busy bees, just grab them and devour on the go.
Chewy granola meets vanilla cheesecake and a mix of fresh berries.
And since it’s high in protein it makes a perfect post workout snack, too. You can even add a scoop of plant-based protein powder to the blender.
You want to give these ones a try. Trust me.
Or maybe other kick-ass vegan bars: Cookies & Cream Cake Bars
- Granola Layer
- 1 cup dates (roughly chopped)
- ½ cup cashews (soaked)
- 1 ½ cup granola
- Cheesecake Layer
- 2 cups cashews (soaked)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 scoops vegan protein powder (optional)
- berries (fresh or frozen)
- For the Granola Layer
- Add the dates, cashews and granola of choice to a blender or food-processor and blitz until you have a sticky, crumbly texture.
- Spread and press the mixture onto a square baking tin and pop it in a pre-heated oven. Bake for 15 mins at 175˚C.
- For the Cheesecake Layer
- Meanwhile add the cashews (soaked overnight or boiled for 15 mins), coconut cream, coconut oil, vanilla extract, lemon juice, maple syrup and optional vegan protein powder to a blender or food-processor and blend until smooth.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture on top of the baked granola layer and sprinkle with fresh or frozen mixed berries. You might have to push the berries slightly in the soft cheesecake layer.
- Pop in the fridge overnight, then slice into (bar-sized) pieces. Enjoy in the morning!