This post is sponsored by Sacla.
Lately London’s been spoiling us with lots of gloriously sunny days and long, warm evenings. What better excuse to fire up the grill and kick off the BBQ season?!
If you’re vegan like me, you might know that BBQ’s aren’t usually the most vegan friendly of places. Lets change that!
Let me introduce you to my Mediterranean grilled ‘chicken’ tofu strips. Marinated in a zingy lemon, oregano and thyme sauce, grilled till golden brown and then all wrapped up in a soft tortilla with crisp fresh veg and Sacla’s new Free From mayonnaise!
The mayo’s creamy, light and silky and complements the grilled tofu rather beautifully. It also happens to be perfect for dipping grilled potato wedges and making pasta salads, it’s pretty much a BBQ essential.
You can find the mayo in most supermarkets’ Free From isle or in Sacla’s online shop!
Next time you gather you’re nearest and dearest for a BBQ, why not give these Mediterranean grilled tofu wraps a try?
If you make this recipe at home be sure to tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I love seeing all your beautiful recreations. And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter to get the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries straight to your inbox.
- 280 g extra firm tofu
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 10 black olives
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- ½ cucumber
- ½ red onion
- 2 handfull rocket
- 4 tsp Sacla vegan mayonnaise
- Mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, minced garlic cloves, chopped oregano and thyme, salt, black pepper and nutritional yeast in a Tupperware container.
- Place the tofu block between two chopping boards lined with two layers of paper towels and weigh it down with a heavy bowl or jar for about 10 minutes.
- Slice the tofu into strips and place them in the Tupperware container. Close the lid and turn the container a few times until the tofu is evenly covered in marinate. Let the tofu marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours or over night.
- You can either grill the tofu on the BBQ or fry it in a frying pan until all sides are golden brown. Spoon the remaining marinate on top of the grilled tofu strips and let it simmer for another few minutes.
- Half the cherry tomatoes and slice the cucumber and onion. Fill the wraps with the grilled tofu strips, fresh vegetables, rocket and vegan mayonnaise. Enjoy!