Happy Monday! Here’s a little something to sweeten (and spice!) up the start of your new week: a vegan Mexican hot chocolate brownie in a mug with molten chocolate centre!
This mug cake was a little experiment, a twist on this chocolate peanut butter one from years ago. And let me tell you, it turned out so so right.
You can whip up the batter and cook the brownie in the microwave in less then 5 minutes and the result is gooey and utterly chocolaty with a nice kick of cayenne and warming cinnamon.
It’s the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth in no time and with no effort at all. Last time I’ve devoured mine curled up on the sofa with a cup of milky tea and a good book.
If you make this recipe at home be sure to tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I love seeing all your beautiful recreations. And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter to get the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries straight to your inbox.
- 2 Tbsp white all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp white caster sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1½ Tbsp cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper (or less for a milder version)
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp non-dairy milk (I used soy)
- 2 squares dairy free dark chocolate
- Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, cayenne pepper and cinnamon in a microwave save mug.
- Add the oil, water and non-dairy milk and stir until smooth and well combined.
- Place the chocolate squares in the middle of the batter and gently push down until they are fully covered.
- Place the mug brownie in the microwave for 1 minute. Eat straight away. You can top the brownie with vegan ice cream or coconut cream if you like. Enjoy!