Happy first official day of Autumn everyone! And since the beginning of Autumn is also the beginning of the mushroom season let’s celebrate with a hearty, creamy mushroom dish.
Vegan Rosemary Mushroom Tagliatelle with Cauliflower Cream. I still find it hard to believe that the main ingredient of this deliciously rich and creamy sauce is cauliflower! So good.
Top off the pasta dish with your favourite kind of mushrooms fried in rosemary and olive oil. Creamy and very flavoursome, it’s a match made in heaven and the perfect recipe to kick off the season.
I’m going to keep this post short and sweet because I’m about to head to beautiful Dorset to spent the first Autumn weekend at a small festival by the sea.
Talk to you soon. Bye!!
- ½ medium sized cauliflower
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ medium sized onion
- 1 cup cashews (soaked or boiled)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp water
- juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 small package of your favourite mushrooms
- 1 small handfull of fresh rosemary
- Pasta of choice
- Pre-heat the oven to 175˚C.
- Roughly cut up the cauliflower and the onion and peel the garlic cloves. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roast the vegetabels in the oven fro 20 minutes or until it's starting to turn golden brown.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool down. Then add it to a high-speed blender, add the pre-soaked or boiled cashews, non-dairy milk, olive oil, water, lemon juice, salt and pepper and blend until smooth. If nessecary you can add more milk to help it blend more smoothly.
- Cut up the mushrooms and the rosemary and fry them in olive oil using a pan or the oven. Season with pepper and salt to taste.
- You can heat up the cauliflower cream sauce in the same pan or a small saucepan.
- Cook the pasta acording to package directions and serve with cauliflower cream and topped with mushrooms. Enjoy!