Happy Friday everyone! It’s almost the weekend and in my home cozy October weekends call for a batch of homemade cookies. And this weekend it’s not going to be just any kind of cookies… Oh no, let me introduce you to my chewy salted chocolate chip rosemary cookies, all vegan of course.
Devoured straight out of the oven and dipped in a steaming mug of (soy) milky earl grey.
And the most delightful side effect is your home will smell of freshly baked cookies and fragrant rosemary all day which also happens to be my new favourite Autumn scent. I think Yankee Candles should consider adding this cozy combination to their new festive range!
Salted dark chocolate and rosemary compliment each other so well it makes me wonder why the herb isn’t a staple ingredient in all dark chocolate chip cookies.
If you’re a seasoned cookie baker, you know how tricky it can be to get the chewy texture just right and let me tell you, these ones hit the sweet spot! They’re the perfect mixture of crispy edges and soft, almost fudgy centre.
I’m on Twitter now! Hop on over to My Vibrant Kitchen on Twitter and follow me for my latest creations as well as all the ridiculously delicious vegan recipes by my favourite food bloggers.
If you make this recipe at home be sure to tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I love seeing all your beautiful recreations. And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter to get the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries straight to your inbox.
- 60 ml soy milk
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 225 g margarine
- 100 g brown sugar
- 100 g caster sugar
- 285 g all purpose flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda (aka. baking soda)
- 150 g chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- 2 packed Tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C.
- Finely chop the rosemary and the chocolate if using a bar instead of chocolate chips.
- Then add the soy milk, vanilla extract, margarine, brown sugar and white caster sugar to a big mixing bowl and combine using an electric whisk.
- Whip until smooth and creamy then add the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda (not baking powder!), chocolate chips and chopped rosemary. Mix everything with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and scoop small tablespoons full of cookie dough onto the tray leaving enough space for the cookies to flatten and expand. The dough will be rather sticky, don't worry, that's how it's supposed to be!
- Pop the trays in the oven and bake them for 10 -12 minutes or until the edges start turning golden brown.
- Enjoy warm or store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.