Happy Valentines Day!
I hope everyone is having a lovely evening with lots of good food, wether you’re celebrating with your significant other, your bestie or simply with yourself!
And to add to the list, here are my brand new vegan tiffins! This Scottish no-bake chocolate biscuit fridge cake is not just absolutely delicious and moreish, it’s also ridiculously easy to make.
You can whip it up in no time, pop it in the fridge to set and you’re good to go!
If you make this recipe at home be sure to tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I love seeing all your beautiful recreations. And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter to get the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries straight to your inbox.
- 120 g margarine
- 4 Tbsp golden syrup
- 1 Tbsp white caster sugar
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 200 g rich tea biscuits
- 75 g raisins
- 100 g chocolate
- 1 Tbsp soy milk
- Place the biscuits in a plastic bag, seal it and crush with a rolling pin. You want mainly small crumbs and a few slightly bigger chunks.
- Add the margarine, golden syrup, sugar, cocoa powder and salt to a sauce pan and let it melt on medium heat. Take it off the heat and stir in the biscuit crumbs and raisins. Mix well until everything is fully coated and sticks together.
- Firmly press the mixture into a dish lined with baking paper until flat and even.
- I used a 22 by 12cm sized dish, you can double the recipe for a bigger dish or just make slightly flatter tiffins.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath, aka bain-marie and stir in the soy milk.
- Pour the melted chocolate on top of the tiffin layer and spread evenly. Refrigerate for at least two hours, then cut into squares. Enjoy!