Well, bless my soul! Just a tick ago, I happened upon this pretty-as-a-picture pale green sage bush in our modest little garden here in London.
Y’all are probably wondering how I didn’t notice that beauty for a whole year? Beats me too!
Now, every time I mosey on past, either headin’ out or comin’ back to the house, I pinch one of them fragrant leaves ‘n take a good ol’ whiff of that delightful herbal summer perfume.
Why don’t ya know, I’ve taken to tossin’ fresh sage leaves into just ’bout every meal now – as you do when you’ve got such bounty at hand!
This fine day, though, I’m fixin’ to share with y’all my most treasured recipe featuring sage (so far): Creamy Tomato Sage Pasta. It’s finger-lickin’ good and easy as pie to whip up.
That’s why this dish quickly earned its place as my staple dinner recipe and will be starrin’ in the menu for a festival I’ll be helpin’ organise come next weekend.
Now don’t you go deny yourself: make this your next lunch or dinner. Promise ya won’t regret it.
Creamy Vegan Tomato Sage Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 package spaghetti (or less, if preferred)
- ½ cup cashews
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 (generous) hand full sweet cherry tomatoes
- 1 generous bunch of sage
- olive oil
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of salt
- Add the cashews, garlic cloves, nutritional yeast and salt to a food processor and blitz until you get a fine Parmesan like texture.
- De-stem the sage and roughly chop the leaves in pieces.
- In a pan heat 3 Tbsp olive oil, add the tomatoes and sage and fry until the cherry tomatoes burst open.
- Add the cashew “parmesan” and fry for a couple more minutes until the cashew pieces become creamy.
- Add a pinch of pepper and salt to taste.
- Boil the pasta and drain them when al dente.
- Serve the spaghetti with the tomato sage sauce and top it off with some crispy-fried sage leaves. Enjoy!
Along with my favorite dishes, I’ve also created some other delightful recipes worth trying.
One such is my Vegan Couscous Salad With Crispy Fried Tofu And Pomegranate Seeds recipe, which is a refreshing blend of flavors and textures.
Looking to try something unique? Then do give my Homemade Roasted Beetroot Fettuccine With Avocado Pesto recipe a shot. It’s an interesting twist on the traditional Italian dish.
If you’re in the mood for something easy yet satisfying, my How To Make A Kick-Ass Vegan Sandwich recipe has got you covered.
For those who love snacking, don’t forget to try out my Healthy Vegan Cheesy Nacho Sauce recipe. It’s indulgent yet guilt-free!