easy vegan black bean and corn burgers Recipe
Simple Vegan Black Bean and Corn Patty Recipe
- 1 can (15 oz) of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup flour (any kind you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons water (flax egg)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing the ground flaxseed with water in a small bowl and set it aside for about ten minutes to thicken.
- Rinse and drain your black beans then pour them into a large bowl.
- Use a potato masher or fork to mash the black beans until they are mostly broken up but still have some whole beans left for texture.
- Add in the thawed corn, finely chopped red bell pepper and onion, minced garlic, cumin, salt and pepper into the bowl with mashed beans.
- Pour in your prepared flax egg which should now be thickened.
- Gradually add in the flour while stirring until everything is well combined and holds together well.
- Divide this mixture into four equal parts then shape each part into a patty using your hands.
- Heat some olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat then cook each patty for about five minutes on each side or until they are nicely browned.
- Once cooked on both sides, remove from heat and let them cool down slightly before serving. These patties can be served on vegan burger buns with your favorite toppings like avocado slices, lettuce leaves, tomato slices or vegan cheese.
While you’re here, I’d like to share some of my other fantastic vegan recipes that you might enjoy. If you’re in the mood for a healthy yet indulgent pasta dish, check out my recipe for vegan pasta, it’s truly a crowd-pleaser. For something a little different, my vegan mushroom leek and sweet potato tart is a must-try; it’s hearty and packed full of flavour. And if you’re looking to satisfy your sweet tooth, why not try these decadent vegan triple-layered ooey gooey oreo brownies or a slice of this warm and comforting vegan spiced carrot cake? You’ll be amazed at how delicious vegan cooking can be!