I’m mighty fond of me some jam, or jelly as y’all would say here in the US.
There ain’t nothin’ quite like a big ol’ spoonful of fruity jam on a slice of fresh, crusty sourdough bread. Now that’s what I call my kind of delight!
This here homemade kiwi lime jam has become my new go-to amongst ’em all. It’s refreshin’, tangy and sweet and really does pack a wallop when it comes to flavor.
Me and my buddy – that’d be Mawaan who, wouldn’t ya know it, is a pretty darn good comedian and actor – were chewin’ the fat bout jam flavors for a weddin’ gift t’other day.
He come up with the idea for kiwi jam, I threw in the notion of adding lime. And just like that… we conjured up the most excitin’ jam flavor combination.
Ain’t nothin’ better than this here spread to jazz up any long, idle summer brunch with your pals. It’s so vibrant, zesty and fruity.
Also makes for a mighty fine gift! ‘Course, you’ll have to keep your mitts outta them jars – this stuff’s so tasty, it’s hard not to find y’self sticky handed.
If y’all make this recipe at home be sure to tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I sure do love seein’ all your beautiful recreations.
And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter to get the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel tales straight into your inbox.
Kiwi & Lime Jam Recipe
- 1kg, about 12 ripe kiwis
- 300 g white caster sugar
- 5 Tbsp lime juice
- Zest of 2 limes
- Peel the kiwis and cut them into small pieces.
- Prepare your jam jars by washing them in soap water, rinsing them and then drying them in the oven for 10 minutes at 120˚C.
- Add the kiwis to a sauce pan and let them cook over medium heat until they start releasing juice.
- Now add the sugar, lime juice and the grated lime zest and stir to combine.
- Let the simmer on low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Then turn up the heat and let the jam cook on a rapid boil for about 20-25 minutes. Stir frequently to avoid the jam from sticking to the bottom or stating to burn.
- Once the jam has thickened spoon it into the hot jars and seal tightly.
- Let the jam set overnight. Enjoy!
If you’re keen to explore more of my delicious vegan recipes, I’ve got an array of options for you.
If you fancy a healthy breakfast, try my Vegan Swiss Bircher Müsli recipe. It’s packed with nutrition and will help kick-start your day.
For a comfort food fix, nothing beats my Vegan Blended Peanut Butter Chocolate Porridge/Oatmeal recipe, it is sinfully satisfying.
Or if you need to get in your greens but prefer something sweet and fruity, my refreshing Vegan Green Smoothie (Sweet & Fruity!) recipe is your best bet.
Lastly, for those cozy fall days or when you simply need a warming drink during the colder months – don’t forget to check out my Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe.