Turns out the richest, creamiest and most indulgent (decadent, luxurious.. I could yap on ’bout it all day long) hot chocolate ain’t got a lick of dairy in it. Seriously now, heavy cream ain’t got nothin’ on this baby!
I can’t rightly take credit for this one though. My beau turned me onto this amazing vegan hot chocolate recipe and I’ve whipped it up many a time since.
Then just t’other day, I felt a hankerin’ for some adventure and added chilli to the chocolate. BOOM! It was like fireworks in my mouth.
The rich dark chocolate mixed with that chilli after burn is just right together. A match made in heaven – or maybe down yonder?
It’s the perfect treat for a slow Sunday mornin’. I can just see myself lounging in bed with this thick and creamy hot chocolate and a big ol’ stack of pancakes.
Now, I’m partial to my grub extra spicy, so ya might have to adjust that chilli powder amount to your liking.
Rich & Creamy Vegan Chilli Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3 cups dark dairy-free chocolate, chopped in pieces
- 1-2 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup coconut cream
- Scrape the solid part of the coconut cream into a mixing bowl and whip with a whisk until creamy and fluffy, then pop it in the fridge.
- Heat the coconut milk on low to medium heat in a saucepan on the stove.
- Once the milk starts to sizzle add the chocolate and stir until melted.
- Add the chili powder and mix until well combined. It’s best not to add the chili powder all at once but taste the hot chocolate in between.
- Pour the hot chocolate in a mug and top with coconut whip. Enjoy!
If you’re in the mood to try out some new vegan recipes, I’ve got some delightful options for you. Start your morning with a sweet and filling breakfast using my Vegan Breakfast Crumble recipe.
If you’re craving something decadent, why not try my Vegan Salted Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Fudge Cookies recipe?
These will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth! For a festive treat that’s perfect for any holiday gathering, give my Vegan Festive Pecan Pie recipe a shot.
And finally, if you want something rich and indulgent, my Vegan Mocha Chocolate Pie – Plant Based Cooks recipe is just the thing.
Enjoy experimenting in the kitchen with these delicious vegan recipes!