Sunny London, a gentle southern wind and bluebird skies had me all up in a tizzy and feelin’ inventive. When the inspiration hits, I hunker down in the kitchen.
It’s that time of year for backyard shindigs, grillin’ out, and picnics. And don’t forget about that chilled white wine.
My go-to for all these occasions? Roasted white wine peaches with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.
I dreamed up this dish as a light, boozy dessert filled to the brim with flavor. It’s perfect for grilled cookouts but really it’s just a divine treat for any warm summer evenin’, barbecue or no.
Fresh peaches, marinated in tangy white wine then roasted to bring out their sweet, juicy flavors, topped off with cool ‘n creamy vanilla ice cream and some homemade chocolate sauce.
Ain’t got no plans for grillin’ tonight? Just roast them peach halves right there in your oven.
On the hunt for vegan barbecue dishes? Give this couscous salad with crispy fried tofu and pomegranate seeds a whirl.
Roasted White Wine Peaches With Vanilla Ice Cream & Chocolate Sauce (Vegan) Recipe
- 4 peaches
- ⅓ bottle white wine
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- vegan vanilla ice cream
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp coco powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cut the peaches in halves and remove the pit.
- In a bowl mix the white wine, lemon juice and sugar and add the peach halves. Make sure the peaches are fully covered.
- Pop it in the fridge over night or for at least 4 hours.
- Roast the peaches on the barbecue or alternatively in the oven until they turn soft and fragrant.
- In a small microwave save bowl melt the coconut oil. Add the maple syrup, coco powder and vanilla extract and stir until you have a smooth sauce.
- Top the roasted peaches with vegan vanilla ice cream (I use Swedish Glace) and chocolate sauce. Enjoy!
In addition to the recipes you’ve already tried, why not give some of my other creations a go?
For instance, if you are in a mood for something indulgent yet totally guilt-free, check out my Vegan Cookies & Cream Cake Bars recipe.
If an icy treat is what you’re after on a hot day, my Vegan “Snickers” Ice Cream Bowl recipe will hit the spot.
For those seeking an exotic escape at breakfast time or for dessert, give my Vegan Mango Coconut Chia Pudding recipe a try.
And lastly and most notably for chocoholics who love nuts and caramel combined – I’ve got just the ticket with my Vegan Nut & Caramel Chocolate Bars (Aka Better Than Snickers Bars) recipe.
Each of these recipes brings with it its own unique flavorful adventure!