I’m just tickled pink to share a delightful recipe with you today.
Y’all know how much I love cookin’, and this one’s a real treat: my Plant-Based Creamy Alfredo Sauce Recipe.
It’s smooth, it’s creamy, and by golly, it’ll fool any dairy-lover out there.
But don’t be fooled, this ain’t no ordinary alfredo sauce – it’s a downright delicious vegan alfredo sauce.
So grab ya apron and let’s get to cookin’ this tasty and wholesome southern delight!
Vegan Alfredo Sauce
Plant-Based Creamy Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours and drained
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Begin by soaking the raw cashews in water for at least two hours. Once they are soft and plumped up, drain them and set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic and sauté until they become translucent and fragrant.
- In a high-speed blender, add the drained cashews, sautéed onion and garlic mix, unsweetened almond milk, juice from one lemon, nutritional yeast flakes, salt to taste and freshly ground black pepper.
- Blend all ingredients together until you get a smooth sauce without any lumps. If the sauce is too thick for your liking, feel free to add more almond milk to thin it out.
- Taste test your sauce: if it needs more flavor you can add more nutritional yeast for cheesiness or more lemon juice for acidity.
- Your plant-based creamy alfredo sauce is now ready! Pour it over your favorite pasta or vegetables – it’s perfect for a comforting dinner that’s not only vegan but also incredibly delicious.
- It’s best served immediately while still warm, but you can also store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days – just reheat gently before using again!
Enjoy this healthier version of classic Alfredo sauce that doesn’t compromise on flavor!
Being a lover of all things creamy and delicious, I’ve not only mastered the art of preparing a delightful vegan alfredo sauce, but I’ve also used my culinary creativity to whip up other vegan-friendly dishes that are equally tantalizing.
One recipe that you’ll definitely want to try is my Vegan Mushroom Leek Sweet Potato Tart. Just as the name suggests, it’s packed full of hearty vegetables and flavourful herbs.
If you’re in the mood for some pasta, my Homemade Roasted Beetroot Fettuccine with Avocado Pesto is not only filling but also visually stunning with its vibrant colors.
For a lighter option with a burst of freshness, give Vegan Couscous Salad with Crispy Fried Tofu and Pomegranate Seeds a go.
And lastly, if you fancy a bowl of comfort food after a long day, you can’t go wrong with my Vegan Cheesy Potato Split Pea Soup. These recipes exemplify how vegan cooking does not limit you but rather opens up an array of delicious possibilities!