Well, y’all, I just stumbled upon my new sweet spot for a lazy Sunday mornin’ breakfast. It’s this warm, sugary and silky apple porridge, jazzed up with vanilla and cinnamon, and crowned with crunchy maple glazed nuts.
I ain’t fibbin’, it’s like havin’ an apple pie for breakfast.
Ever tried your hand at bakin’ porridge? Or oatmeal if you’re from America/Canada?
If ya have, then ya’ll understand my giddiness. If ya haven’t, well it’s about high time you gave it a whirl!
Hard to believe but I’ve never really been all that smitten with porridge. But stickin’ it in the oven instead of boilin’ on the stove was a real game changer for me.
And the best part? The recipe is as simple as pie!
I could chew your ear off all day but I reckon you’re already sold.
Just scoot on down for the recipe and get bakin’.
If you whip up this recipe at home be sure to tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I love seein’ all your beautiful copies. And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter below to get the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries straight to your inbox.
Vegan Baked Apple Pie Porridge Recipe
Vegan Baked Apple Pie Porridge
Prep time: 7 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 42 mins
- 3 medium sized apples
- 100 g oats
- 300 ml non-dairy milk
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 75 g pecans and/or walnuts
- extra drizzle of maple syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C.
- Peel and core the apples and cut them into pieces.
- Whisk together the oats, non-dairy milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt in a mixing bowl. Pour the mixture in an oven-safe dish and mix in the apple pieces.
- Roughly chop the pecans/walnuts and sprinkle them on top. Drizzle extra maple syrup on top of the nuts and pop the dish in the oven.
- Bake the porridge for 30 to 35 minutes or until the nuts turn golden-brown.
- Enjoy the porridge by it self or with a dollop of non-dairy yogurt or coconut cream.
Apart from the dessert you’ve just tried, I have other delicious vegan dessert recipes up my sleeve that are sure to tantalize your taste buds. If you’re in the mood for something tangy and tropical, do give my Vegan Lime Coconut Pie recipe a whirl – it’s a refreshing treat that’s perfect for summer.
For coffee lovers out there, prepare yourself for an indulgent experience with my Vegan Mexican Iced Mocha recipe.
And if you crave some chocolate goodness, I highly recommend my Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Pie (Aka Nutella Pie) recipe and Vegan Chocolate Pie With Pretzel Crust recipe. Each one is unique and delightful in its own way!