It’s been gettin’ pretty chilly here lately, with temperatures dippin’ under zero an’ streets covered in frost all day long. Ain’t no surprise I keep whippin’ up the coziest of recipes. Y’all likely noticed my passion for hearty soups this month. Today, we’re stayin’ true to the winter theme but are lookin’ to satisfy our January sweet-tooth.
Reckon it’s been long enough since our Christmas cookie binge to hop back on that cake wagon. An’ I’ve got just the recipe for y’all to warm up these cold, dark winter days: a spiced fruit, nut and chocolate loaf.
This recipe is inspired by Veg Recipes Of India’s banana bread. It’s a right good’un, I’ve made it plenty times before an’ then last week started addin’ my own twist… an’ then some more. The result was quite excitin’, mouthwatering an’ perfect for winter time. So here we go!
Help yourself to a slice or two, brew a cup of your best tea, snuggle up on your couch and dig in.
If y’all make this recipe at home be sure to tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen. I love seein’ all your beautiful creations. And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter below so you get all the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel stories straight to your inbox.
Vegan Banana Cranberry Chocolate & Pecan Loaf Recipe
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour
Serves: 1 loaf
- 4 ripe bananas
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup soft light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp nutmeg powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- 1½ cups white all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts
- ½ cup chopped chocolate (approx.70g)
1. Preheat the oven at 180˚C.
2. Using a blender, food processor or hand blender, blend the bananas, vegetable oil, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger powder.
3. When you’ve got a smooth batter transfer the mixture to a big mixing bowl and add the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and a pinch of salt.
4. Mix everything with a whisk or fork then add the cranberries, chopped pecans and chopped chocolate and fold to combine.
5. Pour and scrape the batter in a greased loaf tin and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let the loaf cool for 5 to 10 minutes until removing it from the tin. Bold text is highlighted. Enjoy hot or cold.
Aside from the dessert you just tried, there are more delicious treats you can whip up using my other recipes. Find bliss in every bite of my delectable Vegan Cookies & Cream Truffles or indulge in the mouthwatering experience of my Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Tart.
If you’re more for a fusion of flavours, you’ll love the sweet and savoury harmony in my Vegan Banoffee Cheesecake.
And for an unconventional dessert that’s as hearty as it is yummy, try out my recipe for Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes With Smooth & Zingy Mixed Berry Sauce. Each dish promises a unique and gratifying taste adventure.