Welcome back to my little corner of the internet. I’ve been busy cookin’ up some plant-based magic in my Southern kitchen and I can’t wait to share it with you!
Today, we’ve got a treat that’s impactful in flavor and gentle on our planet, yes sirree, it’s the Ultimate Vegan Black Bean Burger Delight Recipe.
I reckon there’s nothin’ more satisfying than a big ‘ol juicy burger.
And honey, this ain’t just any burger – we’re talkin’ about a melt-in-your-mouth vegan black bean burger.
No animals harmed, but taste buds absolutely delighted!
This is one recipe y’all won’t wanna miss!
So pull up a chair and let’s get right down to business.
Vegan Black Bean Burger
Ultimate Vegan Black Bean Burger Delight Recipe
- 2 cans (30 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed mixed with 6 tablespoons water (flax eggs)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari for gluten-free option
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- Burger buns (ensure they are vegan)
- Your choice of burger toppings: lettuce, tomato, pickles, avocado, vegan mayo etc.
- In a large bowl, mash the black beans with a fork until it forms a thick paste.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine the ground flaxseed and water. Stir well and let it sit for about five minutes. This mixture serves as an egg substitute in your burgers.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, red bell pepper and garlic. Sauté until they are softened and slightly caramelized.
- Add the sautéed vegetables to the mashed black beans. Also add in the cooked quinoa, breadcrumbs, soy sauce or tamari, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir everything together until well combined.
- Pour in the flaxseed mixture into your burger mix. Stir until everything is evenly distributed.
- Form the mixture into burger patties by taking handfuls of mixture and shaping them as desired.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, add a little bit of olive oil. Once hot add your patties to the pan (do not overcrowd). Cook for about five minutes on each side or until they have formed a nice crust on both sides.
- While burgers cook prepare your buns with your choice of toppings.
- Once cooked through place your patties onto your ready bun bottoms top off with more toppings if desired and enjoy!
This Ultimate Vegan Black Bean Burger Delight is not only delicious but also very nutritious! Enjoy it at home anytime you’re craving for something hearty yet healthy!
If you loved my vegan black bean burger, then I have some other vegan recipes that you’ll surely enjoy!
First, try the Vegan Spiced Lentil Burgers, which offer a different yet equally delicious spin on a classic burger.
You might also like my Vegan Buffalo Tofu Chicken Sandwich if you’re in the mood for something spicy and satisfying.
If you’re looking for something a bit lighter, the Vegan Loaded Black Bean Salad is perfect for a quick lunch or side dish.
Finally, why not round off your meal with my decadent Vegan Brownie Black Forest Cheesecake Sundaes? They’re the perfect sweet treat to satisfy your vegan dessert cravings!