Y’all have been lovin’ my blended peanut butter chocolate oatmeal! I understand why, it’s as smooth and creamy as a bowl of banana puddin’, feels like you’re havin’ dessert at breakfast. Best part? Y’all just toss everything into the blender, give it a whirl and it’s ready to eat quicker than a jackrabbit on a hot griddle!
Ain’t nothin’ finer than a quick, scrumptious, and wholesome start to the day.
Which is why today I’m sharin’ another blended oatmeal recipe with y’all: blended mixed berry oatmeal.
This one’s creamy too, sweet with a pop of bright and tangy berries and garnished with toasted nuts, frosty berries and cacao nibs.
If y’all try this recipe at home be sure to tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I love seein’ all your beautiful recreations. And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter to get the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries delivered straight from my kitchen to your inbox.
Vegan Blended Mixed Berry Porridge/Oatmeal Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- 125 g oats
- 240 ml water
- 1 ripe banana
- 150 g frozen mixed berries
- A pinch of salt
- Maple syrup to taste (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- Toppings of choice
- Soak the oats in the water for 10 minutes.
- Place the soaked oats, banana, frozen berries and pinch of salt in a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Add the maple syrup to taste and pulse again to combine. If you’d like a thicker consistency you can add up to another three tablespoons of oats, then blend until smooth.
- Transfer the blended oatmeal to bowls or jars and top with your toppings of choice. Some suggestions include toasted nuts, hemp seeds, cacao nibs and additional frozen berries. Enjoy!