Well, bless your heart, if it ain’t seemin’ like London’s planning on bypassing Spring and headin’ straight into them good ol’ Summer days. Now, I ain’t one to kick about this!
Them long sunny days and t-shirt weather done chased my winter blues away and got me hankering for the sea, a good cold glass of lemonade and some ice cream.
Now I reckon I got to wait another fortnight ‘fore I see the sea (San Francisco, how lucky am I!), so I figured why not celebrate these clear blue skies by mixin’ them other two delights together.
Vegan blueberry rosemary lemonade ice cream floats.
Y’all it’s like havin’ your cake and eatin’ it too! It’s sweet & tangy, creamy & cool – think of it as a drink that doubles as dessert.
It’s just the thing y’all need for your next free sunny afternoon!
If y’all whip up this recipe at home, don’t forget to tag your snap with #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. Ain’t nothin’ warms my heart quite like seein’ all your beautiful creations. And don’t ya go forgetting to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter down below to get the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries delivered right straight to your inbox.
Vegan Blueberry Rosemary Lemonade Ice Cream Floats Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 200 g frozen blueberries
- 2 rosemary sprigs, leaves only
- 50 g caster sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 l water
- Vegan vanilla ice cream (I used Swedish Glace)
- Remove the rosemary leaves from the sprig. Juice the lemons and pour the juice into a small saucepan. Add the blueberries, rosemary leaves, and sugar and bring it to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Strain the juice through a sieve and pop it in the fridge to cool.
- Once cold, add the water.
- Scoop 2 to 3 scoops of ice cream into each glass and then pour the lemonade on top until the glass is full. Enjoy!
In my kitchen adventure, I’ve whipped up a couple of delightful dessert recipes that you might want to try. First is my Vegan Cranberry Scones recipe, it’s a perfect blend of tartness and sweetness guaranteed to tantalize your taste buds.
If you’re into exotic desserts, I recommend my Vegan Cardamom & Bay Infused Black Rice Pudding With Maple Glazed Pears recipe. It’s a unique combination of flavors that may surprise you, but in the best way possible.
However, if you’d like something more citrusy, give my Vegan Grapefruit Drizzle Cake recipe a go. It’s moist with a refreshing tang that will surely lift your spirits up.
Last but not least is my Vegan Apple Rhubarb Pie recipe. The harmonious medley of apple and rhubarb makes it an all-time favorite in my household!