When I first started fussin’ ’round with this here recipe, I didn’t have no clue what to call it.
Had this peculiar hankerin’/picture in my mind of dark, sticky brownie squares tossed in a jar, topped off with a black cherry cheesecake swirl and a dollop of coconut whipped cream.
So I went ahead and did my thang in the kitchen (that’s southern speak for makin’ the biggest mess you ever did see in record time), and wouldn’t ya know it?
They turned out just like I pictured. Rich dark chocolate brownies, creamy, tart-sweet black cherry cheesecake, and light coconut whipped cream.
Might remind ya some of a German black forest gateau, only difference bein’ it ain’t no cake… it’s a brownie sundae. Or at least as close to one as you can get.
Well alright then, let me introduce y’all to my vegan brownie black forest cheesecake sundaes in a jar. Quite the mouthful to say and even better to eat. Y’all are sure gonna enjoy this delightful mouthful.
Vegan Brownie Black Forest Cheesecake Sundaes Recipe
Cherry Cheesecake Swirl
- 1 ½ cups cashews (soaked)
- 1 Tbsp coconut cream
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 cup cherries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 150g dark dairy free chocolate
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup dairy free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Start by making the cheesecake mix so it can set in the fridge. You want it too be firm enough to pipe a swirl.
- Soak the cashews overnight or boil them in a saucepan for 15 minutes. Drain them and put them in a blender.
- Melt the coconut cream and oil and add them to the blender. Add the lemon juice, cherries (I used frozen ones), vanilla extract and maple syrup and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Scrape the cheesecake mixture into a piping bag and pop it in the fridge.
- For the brownies pre-heat the oven to 175˚C.
- Melt the dark chocolate (in a water bath or on the lowest setting in the microwave).
- In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and brown sugar and mix with a fork or whisk. Then add the dairy free milk (I used soy), the vanilla extract and the melted chocolate and stir until you have a smooth thick batter.
- Grease a baking pan, scrape the batter into the pan and spread evenly. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost clean. You want the brownies soft and gooey which means it’s good if they’re still a bit sticky.
- Let the brownies cool down for 20 minutes, then cut them into cubes and transfer them to a cooling rack.
- When they’re cold toss several cubes in a jar and pipe the cherry cheesecake in a swirl on top.
- I topped mine with some whipped coconut cream and home-made chocolate sauce (coco powder, melted coconut oil & maple syrup). Enjoy!
If you’re interested in trying out more of my wholesome, vegan-friendly recipes, I’ve got a few I think you’ll absolutely love.
To start off, why not whip up a batch of Vegan Berry Coconut Froyo Granola Popsicles? They’re delightfully sweet and refreshing, making them perfect for hot summer days.
Then there’s Vegan Granola Berry Cheesecake Breakfast Bars, these are a tasty guilt-free treat you can enjoy any time of day.
If you love chocolate and peanut butter as much as I do, my Vegan Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cheesecake Cups are an absolute must-try!
And finally, for an unconventional but irresistibly delicious dessert, give my Vegan Bbq Baked Bananas → Cookies & Cream | Peanut Butter & Chocolate | Caramelised Cinnamon recipe a go.