Y’all have a blessed Friday! I reckon I’ve rustled up somethin’ special to start your weekend off just right:
Vegan chocolate peanut butter cupcakes!
I can’t dream up anythin’ finer than treatin’ yourself to a rich, chocolatey cupcake, moist as morning dew, topped with the creamiest swirl of peanut butter icing after a long, hard week. Can y’all?
Chocolate and peanut’re as perfect together as biscuits and gravy. This recipe’s just like mama used to make.
It’s sweet, but won’t rot your teeth out. It’s the perfect mix of soft ‘n sticky, and that creamy peanut butter icing’s so tasty y’all’ll be lickin’ your fingers clean.
Trust me darlin’, these cupcakes are finger-lickin’ good!
If y’all whip this up at home, don’t forget to tag yer photo #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I get such a kick outta seein’ all your gorgeous recreations. And don’t ya forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter to get the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries delivered straight to yer inbox.
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes Recipe
– 320 g white all purpose flour
– 150 g cocoa powder
– 200 g white caster sugar
– 1 Tbsp baking powder
– Pinch of salt
– 475 ml coffee
– 180 ml vegetable oil
– 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 100 g dark chocolate
– 100 g margarine
– 200 g smooth peanut butter
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 250 g icing sugar
– 2-3 Tbsp soy milk
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C.
2. For the cupcakes freshly brew the coffee and then melt the chocolate over a water bath, also called bain-marie. Set both aside too cool down to room temperature.
3. Meanwhile add the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and pinch of salt to a big mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
4. Fold in the coffee, oil, vinegar, vanilla extract and melted chocolate. Once you have a smooth batter free of lumps, pour or spoon the batter in a cupcake tray lined with cupcake cases. An ice-cream scooper can be used for this.
5. Pop the cupcakes in the oven and bake them for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let them cool to room temperature before icing them.
7. For the icing add the margarine, peanut butter and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl and beat the mixture with an electric whisk until smooth.
8. Sift in the icing sugar and keep beating the mixture until smooth and creamy. Add the soy milk one table spoon at a time to loosen up the mixture. Once the icing is ready fill it in a piping bag with the nozzle of choice and ice the cupcakes.
If you enjoyed my recipes, there’s a whole repertoire of other tantalizing dessert options you could try. For instance, I have a rich and decadent Vegan Brooklyn Chocolate Blackout Cake recipe that will please any chocolate lover.
If you’re looking for a lighter and fluffier option, why not give my Easy Vegan Aquafaba Chocolate Mousse recipe a go? It’s airy yet has a deep chocolate flavor that’s simply irresistible.
Then again, if you’re in the mood for something festive and fun, I’ve got your back with my Vegan Gingerbread Cookies With Royal Icing recipe.
And last but certainly not least, my homemade version of everyone’s favorite candy bar can be found in my Vegan Coconut Chocolate Bars Aka ‘Bounty Bars’ recipe. Each one ensures sweet satisfaction without compromising on your dietary preferences.