Well, now, I reckon chocolate pairs just fine with a heap of different fixin’s: Orange, chilli, mint, sea salt, banana, and peanut butter.
But I do toss in some ginger and pistachio every now and then. But for some unknown reason, I seem to stick mostly to them first six ingredients.
Don’t get around to experimentin’ much with addin’ a little spice to my chocolate recipes using ginger or pistachios.
So in the spirit of addin’ new hues and tastes to my cookin’, I present y’all with: A finger-licking good Vegan Chocolate-Pistachio Mousse!
It’s as smooth as buttercream frosting on a birthday cake, it’s chocolaty enough to satisfy even the deepest cocoa cravings, it’s got that nutty flavor that makes you sit up and take notice.
It’s also pure pleasure on the eyes… Is there anything else you could want from a sweet treat?
Plus point is y’all can whip this up hours or even the day before. Just tuck it away in your icebox till you’re ready for some dessert time.
Vegan Chocolate & Pistachio Mousse Recipe
- 350g Silken Tofu
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of (sea) salt
- Wrap the silken tofu in a clean tea towel and squeeze out the excess water.
- Place the pistachios in a food processor or blender and blend until you have a creamy nut butter.
- Add half (175g) of the silken Tofu, 1 tsp vanilla extract, ¼ cup maple syrup, ½ Tbsp lemon juice and a pinch of salt to the blender and blend until you have a smooth mousse.
- Scrape the mousse into a bowl and put it aside for now.
- Fill a saucepan half full with water and bring to a boil. Place a heat-proof bowl in the saucepan, add 1 cup of dark chocolate and carefully stir until it’s fully melted.
- Blend the other half (175g) of the silken tofu until you have a smooth cream.
- Add the melted chocolate, ¼ cup of maple syrup, ½ Tbsp lemon juice and a pinch of salt and blend well.
- Scrape the chocolate and the pistachio mousse in a glass or jar in layers (see photos) and pop it in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Top with chopped pistachios and chocolate chips or shavings. Enjoy!!
In addition to the vegan dishes I’ve shared, there are several other recipes you might enjoy.
One of them is my 2 Ingredient Vegan Peppermint Bark recipe. This sweet treat is perfect for a holiday gathering or simply as an indulgence during your downtime.
If you prefer something more hearty, I would suggest trying my Creamy Vegan Pea Mint Soup recipe that’s rich, comforting and completely plant-based.
For dessert options, consider baking my Vegan Mulled Wine Muffins, which have a unique flavor profile due to the addition of mulled wine.
Or, for a touch of elegance at your dinner party or family gathering, try out my Easy Vegan Orange Chocolate Truffles.
Each of these recipes are designed with simplicity and flavorful satisfaction in mind!