I reckon, I reckon… Raspberry and chocolate has been a hot topic ’round here of late. Y’all remember my chocolate raspberry cake pop concoctions? But in my defense, it’s just such a tantalizing duo!
Rich and velvety dark chocolate that melts on your tongue followed by a punch of bright and zesty fresh raspberries. It’s simply a heavenly experience.
This here tart checks all them boxes. A nutty roasted almond base topped with tangy raspberries then smothered in a creamy, deeply rich dark chocolate filling.
And as if you needed more reason to be swayed, it’s crazy simple to whip up, too! Delightful without any of the fuss, the best kind of sweet treat.
If you decide to create this recipe at home make sure to tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I adore seeing all your beautiful renditions. And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter to get the freshest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel tales straight into your inbox.
Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Tart Recipe
- 25 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 35 minutes
- Makes 1 tart
- 75 g almonds
- 50 g oats
- 100 g pitted dates
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 400 ml full fat coconut milk
- 25 g corn flour
- 40 g sugar
- 30 g coco powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g frozen raspberries
- Optional: coconut cream, toasted almonds, extra raspberries and cacao nibs for decoration
- For the base, toast the almonds in a frying pan until light golden brown and fragrant. No need to use any oil in this step.
- Place the almonds, oats, dates, salt and coconut oil in a blender or food processor and blitz until you have fine crumbs that stick together when you pinch them between your fingers.
- Firmly press the mixture into a loose bottom cake tin. You don’t have to work the base mixture up the sides, the filling will set firmly enough for it to hold together just fine. I used a quiche dish with a 23 cm diameter. Pop it in the fridge to set and move on to the chocolate filling.
- Pour the coconut milk into a small sauce pan. Mix the corn flour with a few Tbsp of the coconut milk in a glass or mug until you have a thin paste.
- Add the sugar and coco powder to the sauce pan and bring to a boil. Slowly add the corn flour paste and whisk vigorously to avoid clumps from forming. Turn down the heat, keep whisking and cook until you have a thick custard like texture. Take the filling off the heat and mix in the vanilla extract.
- Take the tart base out of the fridge and scatter the raspberries evenly. Pour over the chocolate filling and spread it around until every last raspberry is covered.
- Pop it in the fridge and let it set over night.
- Decorate your tart with optional whipped coconut cream, chopped toasted almonds, homemade raspberry sauce and cacao nibs. Enjoy!
If you’ve enjoyed trying my recipes, there are plenty of other delectable dessert dishes you can experiment with. For a tasteful combination of banana and toffee, give my Vegan Banoffee Cheesecake recipe a go.
Fancy pancakes for dessert? Then why not try my Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes With Smooth & Zingy Mixed Berry Sauce recipe.
If you’re looking for something less conventional, I recommend my Vegan Tiffins – Chocolate Biscuit Fridge Cake recipe which is sure to be an exciting addition to your cooking repertoire.
And lastly, my Vegan Rhubarb Custard Tart recipe provides a heavenly fusion of tart rhubarb and sweet custard that is simply irresistible!