Well, bless your heart, it’s Wednesday!
I reckon I got a new recipe just as fresh as a daisy and right in season for y’all today: Vegan Coconut Cream of Tomato Soup with Fresh Basil!
This soup is fuss-free and only asks for a little list of fresh fixins. But honey, it’s brimmin’ with taste.
Juicy, vine-ripened tomatoes, a handful of basil leaves picked right from the garden, a good pour of aromatic olive oil, just a whisper of roasted garlic and the natural sweetness from creamy coconut milk.
Now tell me who could say no to home-cooked tomato soup on one fine southern summer day? It sure ain’t me.
It’s all about top-notch fresh produce here. The rest takes care of itself!
This recipe is so simple and quick to whip up that there ain’t no excuses left not to make it for supper tonight!
If y’all decide to cook this up at home be sure you tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen over on Instagram. I enjoy seein’ all your lovely re-makes.
And don’t ya forget now to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter – get the newest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel tales straight into your inbox.
Vegan Cream Of Tomato Soup With Fresh Basil Recipe
- 550 g vine ripened tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 400 ml water
- 3 Tbsp coconut cream (you can use the firm top part of a can of coconut milk)
- Black pepper to taste
- 12 basil leaves (more as topping)
- Place the tomatoes in a sauce pan and cover them with hot water. Bring the water to a boil and let the tomatoes simmer for 1-2 minutes. Drain the water, let the tomatoes cool and carefully peel them.
- Heat up the olive oil in a sauce pan and add the chopped onion. Once the onion turns translucent, add the minced garlic cloves and fry for a couple more minutes.
- Add the peeled tomatoes and the tomato paste, let the mixture simmer and use a spatula or wooden spoon to break the tomatoes apart.
- Add the vegetable stock powder and boiling water and let it cook for a few more minutes.
- Now add the coconut cream and basil leaves and take the sauce pan off the heat. Use a hand or stick blender and blend the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Place the sauce pan back on the hob and add pepper to taste. Let the soup simmer for another two or three minutes then serve with a swirl of coconut cream and more basil leaves on top. Enjoy!
If you’re on the hunt for more delectable meals, I highly recommend trying out some of my other recipes.
For instance, on my blog, you will find a compilation of 22 Delicious Vegan Festive Holiday Side & Main Dishes that are sure to impress your guests during any holiday gathering.
If you’re craving something hearty and full of flavor, check out my Bbq Tofu Skewers With Creamy Onion Mushroom Sauce (German Style) recipe, this dish is one that’s close to my heart.
And for those who love a good fusion of flavors, my Vegan Creamy Potato Salad With Sautéed Lemon Asparagus recipe is a must-try!
Lastly, when the weather’s gloomy or you simply need some comforting soup to warm your soul, give my Vegan Cheesy Potato Split Pea Soup recipe a go.