vegan fried rice Recipe
Plant-Based Scrumptious Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1 cup of firm tofu, cubed
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots mix
- 1/2 cup of green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- First, press the tofu to remove as much liquid as possible. Cut it into small cubes.
- Heat one tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large pan or wok over medium to high heat.
- Add the tofu cubes to the pan and fry them until they become golden brown on all sides. This process should take about 5 minutes.
- Remove the fried tofu from the pan and set it aside.
- In the same pan, add another tablespoon of oil then add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the red bell pepper along with frozen peas and carrots mix to the pan, stir-fry for about three minutes until they are soft.
- Now, add the cooked brown rice into the pan with vegetables. Stir everything together well so that rice can absorb all flavors from veggies and garlic.
- Pour in soy sauce and sesame oil over your fried rice mixture in the pan; continue stir-frying for another two minutes till all ingredients are well-combined.
- Bring back your fried tofu chunks into the pan with rice mix; toss everything together well so that tofu can soak up some flavor too.
- Season your plant-based fried rice with salt and black pepper according to your taste; give it a good stir once again.
- Finally, sprinkle chopped green onions on top for some added crunch and freshness before serving your scrumptious vegan fried rice!
So there you have it! A simple yet flavorful plant-based scrumptious fried rice recipe that’s not only vegan but also healthy! Enjoy this dish on its own or serve it alongside other Asian-inspired dishes for a hearty meal.
If you enjoy my vegan fried rice recipe, there are a number of other vegan dishes on my blog that you might find interesting. For a satisfying main course, I’d recommend trying out my vegan burgers recipe, it’s a crowd pleaser and great for weekend dinners. If you’re in the mood for pasta, check out my recipe for vegan pasta – it is easy to make yet flavourful. For dessert lovers, don’t miss the vegan triple layered ooey gooey oreo brownies, they are an absolute delight and very indulgent. Finally, you might love this hearty vegan spiced carrot cake which is also gluten-free! Each of these recipes embraces veganism without compromising on taste or satisfaction.