Today I’ve got a recipe for you guys that makes for a perfect addition to any BBQ, garden party or picnic. A vegan loaded black bean salad – fresh, summery, satisfying and unbelievably simple.
And rather nice to look at, too, so bright and colourful!
If you ask me, when it comes to throwing a BBQ, the sides, dips and salads are just as important as the grilled goods themselves. I’ve kind of made it my mission lately to come up with the most summery and vibrant vegan side dishes imaginable. Keep your eyes peeled for plenty more soon.
If you make this recipe at home be sure to tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I love seeing all your beautiful recreations. And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter to get the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries straight to your inbox.
- 2 cans black beans, drained
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 160 g sweet corn, fresh, canned or frozen
- 1 lime
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder to taste
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 handful fresh coriander (about 30 g)
- Chop the bell pepper into cubes, quarter the tomatoes and finely chop the onion.
- Mix the beans, pepper, tomatoes, onion, sweet corn, lime juice and olive oil and season with salt, chilli powder and cumin powder.
- Mix in roughly chopped coriander. Enjoy!