Happy Saturday, y’all! January sure has been hurlin’ some mighty miserable weather our way (well, ‘cept for today that is!).
Now, my own personal remedy for the cold involves a heap of hot, delicious comfort food. We’re talkin’ soups, stews, pies – if it warms ya from the inside out, I’ve likely had my fill this past month.
And as I’ve been chowing down on all the heartiest dishes winter’s got to offer, I found a brand new favorite way to tuck into potatoes.
Now don’t get me wrong here – thick-cut fries and mashed spuds still hold a special place in my heart. But these here Swedish baked potatoes, well they’re just BETTER.
You cut ’em into thin slices and leave just enough tater at the bottom to keep everything together.
In that oven those slices start fanning out and crisping up real nice, sorta like them thick potato chips we love so much.
I brushed mine with some olive oil and topped it off with sea salt flakes, crushed black pepper and a good drizzle of maple syrup which caramelizes something wonderful.
The recipe is quick as a wink and easy as pie – perfect for serving up at your next dinner party since you can whip up several trays all at once. Trust me on this one: ain’t nobody gonna be able to resist!
If y’all decide to try this recipe out at your homestead be sure to tag your picture #myvibrantkitchen so’s I can see all your beautiful recreations.
And don’t forget now – sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter below if you want the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries delivered straight to your inbox.
Vegan Maple Glazed Hasselback Potatoes Recipe
Number of Servings
Serves: 4 people
- 500g small to medium waxy potatoes
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- Generous pinch of sea salt flakes
- Generous pinch of crushed black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C.
- Wash the potatoes then carefully cut small vertical slits about 2 mm apart three quarters of the way down each potato. You can use a wooden spoon as a potato holder, place the potato in the spoon and slice until the knife hits the spoon. Make sure not to cut all the way through the potato, it has to hold together in the oven.
- Put the potatoes in a baking tray and pour the olive oil over the potatoes. Pop the potatoes in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven, brush the potatoes with some of the oil that has gathered on the bottom of the tray and return them to the oven.
- After a further 15 minutes, take the tray out of the oven again. Drizzle the maple syrup on top of the potatoes, add a generous pinch of salt and pepper, and return the potatoes to the oven for a final 10 minutes.
- If the potatoes are cooked all the way through and have turned golden-brown earlier, take them out of the oven to avoid the top burning. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed my recipes, I have plenty of other delectable meals that you should definitely try.
Treat your taste buds with my hearty and wholesome Vegan Minestrone With Macaroni recipe.
Or if you fancy something a little different, why not sample my scrumptious Vegan Sage Mushroom Turnovers With Almond White Wine Cream recipe.
Who can resist the rich and savoury delight of my Baked Herbed Cashew Cheese recipe?
And for a touch of elegance to your dinner table, don’t miss out on creating my delicious Vegan Heirloom Tomato Galette With Thyme Cream Cheese recipe.