vegan meatloaf recipe easy Recipe
Simple and Delightful Vegan Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 cups of lentils (cooked)
- 1 cup of walnuts (chopped)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 carrots (grated)
- 2 celery stalks (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons of ground flax seeds
- 6 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the glaze:
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and lightly grease a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flax seeds and water. Set aside for it to form a gel-like consistency.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat, add the diced onion, minced garlic, grated carrots, diced celery, and diced red bell pepper. Sauté until tender.
- In a blender or food processor, blend half of the cooked lentils until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the blended lentils, remaining whole lentils, sautéed vegetables, chopped walnuts, bread crumbs, soy sauce, tomato paste,salt and pepper. Add in the flax seed mixture and mix well.
- Transfer this mixture into the prepared loaf pan and press it down firmly into an even layer.
- Prepare the glaze by mixing together ketchup, apple cider vinegar and brown sugar in a small bowl until smooth.
- Spread this glaze evenly over top of your meatloaf mixture in your loaf pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes until the top is lightly browned and edges are crispy.
- Allow it to cool for about ten minutes before cutting into slices.
Enjoy this simple yet delightful vegan meatloaf with your favorite side dish! It’s hearty and packed with flavor that even non vegans will enjoy!
I’m so glad you’re enjoying my vegan meatloaf recipe! If you’re looking for more delicious vegan dishes to try, I’ve got plenty. For an appetising starter, you can’t beat my vegan cashew cream cheese with chives. It pairs perfectly with fresh bread or crackers. For your main course, why not try a hearty dish like my easy one pan vegan Sunday roast? It’s loaded with flavour and so satisfying. And of course, no meal would be complete without dessert. My vegan German apple crumble pie is an absolute crowd-pleaser! If you still have some room left for a small treat afterwards, my easy vegan orange chocolate truffles are the perfect way to finish off any feast. Enjoy cooking!