This here post is sponsored by Sacla.
Recently, London’s been blessin’ us with a heap of sun-filled days and toasty evenin’s. What finer opportunity to light up the grill and kick off BBQ season?!
If y’all eat just like me, plant-based that is, you might reckon that BBQs ain’t typically the friendliest spots for our kind. Let’s turn that around!
Allow me to present you my Mediterranean grilled ‘chicken’ tofu strips.
These strips are soaked in a tangy lemon, oregano and thyme sauce, grilled till they’re golden brown, and then all wrapped up in a tender tortilla with fresh crisp veggies and Sacla’s brand new Free From mayo!
This mayo’s creamy, light, smooth as silk and pairs real well with the grilled tofu. It just so happens to be perfect for dipping those grilled potato wedges or makin’ pasta salads – it’s practically a BBQ must-have.
Y’all can find this mayo in most grocery stores’ Free From section or right on Sacla’s online shop!
Next time when y’all gather your kinfolk for some grilling fun, why not give these Mediterranean grilled tofu wraps a whirl?
If y’all whip up this recipe at your home place be sure to tag your pictures #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I surely do love seein’ all your lovely re-creations.
And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter so you can get the freshest recipes, plant-based livin’ tips and travel tales straight into your inbox.
Vegan Mediterranean Grilled Tofu Wraps Recipe
– 280 g extra firm tofu
– 3 Tbsp olive oil
– 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
– 2 Tbsp lemon juice
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
– 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
– ¼ tsp salt
– ¼ tsp ground black pepper
– 2 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
– 10 black olives
– 10 cherry tomatoes
– ½ cucumber
– ½ red onion
– 2 handful rocket
– 4 tsp Sacla vegan mayonnaise
1. Mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, minced garlic cloves, chopped oregano and thyme, salt, black pepper and nutritional yeast in a Tupperware container.
2. Place the tofu block between two chopping boards lined with two layers of paper towels and weigh it down with a heavy bowl or jar for about 10 minutes.
3. Slice the tofu into strips and place them in the Tupperware container. Close the lid and turn the container a few times until the tofu is evenly covered in marinate. Let the tofu marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
4. You can either grill the tofu on the BBQ or fry it in a frying pan until all sides are golden brown. Spoon the remaining marinate on top of the grilled tofu strips and let it simmer for another few minutes.
5. Half the cherry tomatoes and slice the cucumber and onion. Fill the wraps with the grilled tofu strips, fresh vegetables, rocket and vegan mayonnaise.
6. Enjoy your Vegan Mediterranean Grilled Tofu Wraps!
If you’ve enjoyed cooking up my recipes before, I encourage you to try some more of my favorite creations.
For an impressive centerpiece at your next gathering, give my Vegan Spiral Vegetable Tart With Sun-Dried Tomato Cream recipe a go. The sun-dried tomato cream is the perfect partner to the assortment of spiralized veggies.
If you’re planning a comfy Sunday lunch, my Super Easy One Pan Vegan Sunday Roast recipe is not only delicious but a breeze to prepare too!
Or perhaps for breakfast, surprise your family with my Vegan Shakshuka With Scrambled Tofu recipe, it’s delightful and packed full of protein.
And finally, for something truly comforting, try out my Vegan Loaded Baked Potatoes With Smokey Tomato Chickpeas, Crispy Kale & Tahini Mustard Sauce recipe.