Well, bless my heart, London’s been treatin’ us to some right fine hot and sunny weather, and shucks, I can’t help but think ’bout iced coffee all day long.
I reckon I’ve been guzzlin’ down a version of that refreshing ice cold brew every doggone day. Can y’all blame me?
Started with the old faithful, simply mixin’ up a shot of coffee, a generous splash of non-dairy milk and ice cubes.
Don’t get me wrong now, I’m still head over boots for that classic iced coffee.
But here lately, I’ve begun playin’ around with different flavors and spices – particularly chocolate. Who in tarnation doesn’t love a fine iced mocha? Sure as shootin’, I do.
But my new top-dog favorite’s got a bit of a kick to it. Chilli, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.
It’s just somethin’ else! Creamy-like, got some spice to it but still mighty refreshing.
And it ain’t no big chore neither. Just chuck all them ingredients into a blender, give it a whirl and finish her off with some coconut cream on top. That cream’ll melt nice n’ slow into the mocha making it even creamier-like.
If y’all whip up this recipe at home make sure you tag your photo with #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I’m just tickled pink seein’ all your beautiful recreations. And remember now y’all sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter below to get the newest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips n’ travel diaries delivered straight to your inbox.
Vegan Mexican Iced Mocha Recipe
Vegan Mexican Iced Mocha
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
- double coffee shot (75 ml)
- 2 Tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 150 ml soy milk
- 20-25 ice cubes
- 1 Tbsp coconut cream
- Brew a double coffee shot or alternatively make a strong cup of coffee and pour 75 ml in a blender.
- Add the agave syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, chilli powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, soy milk and ice cubes and blitz until you have a thick liquid with lots of small ice cube pieces.
- Depending on the strength of your chilli powder you might want to use less or more than this recipe suggests. Start with less and add more if it’s not spicy enough.
- Pour the mixture in a glass or several glasses and top with a Tbsp of coconut cream. Enjoy!
If you’re on the lookout for some fantastic vegan dessert recipes, I have just the ones for you. First on my list is my Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Pie (Aka Nutella Pie) recipe, a delicious and decadent treat that’s sure to impress.
If your taste buds are in need of some contrasting flavours, you might want to try my Vegan Chocolate Pie With Pretzel Crust recipe. The saltiness of the pretzel crust perfectly complements the sweet, chocolate filling.
For a unique twist on a classic summer treat, check out my Vegan Blueberry Rosemary Lemonade Ice Cream Floats recipe, it’s refreshing and absolutely divine!
And lastly, if you’re more into pastries, I’d highly recommend my Vegan Cranberry Scones recipe. They’re buttery, tangy and perfect for a cozy afternoon tea. Give them a try; your tastebuds will thank you!