Happy Friday, y’all!
I reckon I’ve got just the thing to sweeten up your warm summer weekend: a no-churn vegan cherry cheesecake ice cream
Now, if y’all have been hangin’ ’round for a spell, you’ll know I’m a real softie when it comes to cheesecake… We’ve done baked blueberry cheesecake, bannoffee cheesecake, baked rhubarb one and even chocolate and salted caramel variant.
So not too long ago on one of those hot English summer’s day that can make you break into a sweat quicker than a Tennessee twostep, I thought about making an ice cream with the good ole taste of cheesecake. Given we’re smack dab in the middle of cherry season, it only seemed right to add cherries to the recipe. This started as just another one of my kitchen experiments but dang if it didn’t turn out finer than frog hair split four ways!
The ice cream is whipped up with coconut milk and cashews and let me tell ya – it’s so rich, creamy and sweet with just the right zing! It tastes exactly like cheesecake! Was so pleased with how my chill little experiment turned out that I decided to share this recipe with y’all without any further ado.
Hope y’all have yourself an amazing weekend soaking up all the sunshine while it lasts!
If you try this recipe at home be sure tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. Nothing warms my heart more than seeing all your lovely recreations. And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter – get all the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries delivered straight to your inbox.
Vegan No-Churn Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe
Vegan No-Churn Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Prep time: 30 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 200 g cashews, soaked for 3 hours or over night
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g sugar (or maple syrup)
- 200 g frozen or fresh cherries, pitted
- 3 Tbsp white caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Add the cashews, coconut milk, lemon juice, vanilla extract and sugar to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a container such as a loaf tin or Tupperware and pop it in the freezer.
- To make the cherry jam, place the cherries in a small sauce pan over medium heat and let them simmer until they start to break down and release juices.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice and turn up the heat. Bring to a rolling boil and keep stirring to avoid any burning. Once the liquid has become thicker and is starting to reduce, take the sauce pan off the heat and let the jam cool down.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer about once an hour and give it a good stir with a spoon to loosen it up and break up frozen bits.
- Continue until the ice cream has become a thick mousse consistency. During your last stir, mix in the cherry jam and then let the ice cream freeze for at least 3 hours or over night.
You can also check out my full desserts section for more after-mains treats!
Try Our Favorite Vegan Snacks To Keep You Fueled This Week!