Vegan No-Churn Coffee Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Recipe
Vegan No-Churn Coffee Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Prep time: 30 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Serves: 10 portions
- 60 ml aquafaba
- ⅛ tsp cream of tartar (optional)
- 800 ml full fat coconut milk (2 cans)
- 3 Tbsp instant coffee powder
- 150 g white caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 200 g dark chocolate, chopped
- In a mixing bowl mix the coconut milk, coffee powder, sugar, vanilla extract and pinch of salt until smooth and well combined. You might have to melt the coconut milk in the microwave first if it isn’t liquid and easy to mix. You can use less sugar if you like your ice cream only lightly sweetened.
- Pop the mixture in the fridge to chill.
- In a second mixing bowl whisk the aquafaba with a hand mixer until if forms semi stiff peaks. You can add cream of tartar to help with the whisking process.
- Take the coconut milk mixture out of the fridge and carefully fold it into the whipped aquafaba using a spatula or wooden spoon. You want to mix the ice cream well enough to avoid frozen bits from forming but not to over mix it which can deflate the aquafaba too much.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a loaf tin or topper ware container and pop it in the freezer.
- Take it out of the freezer 3-4 times, every 30 minutes to stir and break up any ice crystals that are forming. Mix in the chopped dark chocolate the first time.
- Then let the ice cream freeze for at least 3 hours or overnight. Let it thaw for 15 minutes before scooping it into bowls or cones. Enjoy!
You can also check out my full desserts section for more after-mains treats!