I ain’t never been much for them chocolate bars. I’m talkin’ bout the ones with nuts, nougat and caramel all covered in chocolate, like them Mars, Snickers, Bounty and such.
Now don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy a good plain dark chocolate bar, or even one with a touch of salt or orange or chili. Y’all understand what I’m sayin’.
But lemme tell y’all – THESE bars done changed everything.
Just the other day I was messin’ ’round in my kitchen, whippin’ up some chewy coconut milk caramel and lookin’ for flavors to mix it up with.
Ended up makin’ a base/filling out of macadamia-vanilla, poured that caramel on top of it, sprinkled on some peanut halves, cut ’em into slices and then dunked ’em in chocolate…and voila: my own homemade Chocolate bars!
And lord have mercy they’re tasty! They’re kind of like Snickers. But let me tell ya’, they’re so much better. HA!
Vegan Nut & Caramel Chocolate Bars (Aka Better Than Snickers Bars) Recipe
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp coconut cream
- 1Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup oats
- 1 ½ cups coconut cream
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup peanut halves
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- In a blender or food processor, blitz the macadamia nuts, maple syrup, vanilla extract, coconut cream (firm top part of coconut milk), coconut oil, and oats until you have a crumbly and sticky consistency.
- Press the mixture onto a baking tray and put it aside.
- On the hob, bring the coconut cream to a boil, then add the light brown sugar.
- Cook for about 15 minutes on a medium heat and stir the entire time. It’s vital that you don’t stop stirring so the mixture won’t burn.
- The mixture should boil and create bubbles that reach halfway up (or a bit more) the saucepan.
- Once you have a thick and light golden brown sauce, pour it on top of the macadamia layer, spread it until everything is covered, and sprinkle with the peanut halves.
- Pop it in the fridge and let it set for at least 10 minutes, then cut it into (chocolate bar-sized) slices.
- Melt the dark chocolate and stir in the coconut oil.
- Dip the slices in melted chocolate until they’re fully covered. I decorated mine with chopped peanuts.
I have a variety of delicious, vegan dessert recipes that you can try out.
If you’re in the mood for something fruity and creamy, definitely give my Vegan Blueberry Vanilla Cheesecake Cups (With Blueberry Jam Filling) recipe a whirl.
Alternatively, if you prefer something more decadent and rich, I recommend my Vegan Chocolate & Salted Caramel Cheesecake recipe. This sweet and salty combination will surely satisfy your sugar cravings.
For a lighter yet still indulgent dessert option, try my Vegan Chocolate & Pistachio Mousse recipe.
Finally, for an easy-to-make yet impressively tasty treat during the festive season or any time of year really, do check out my 2 Ingredient Vegan Peppermint Bark recipe.