Happy first of October, y’all! It’s October, and if you’re readin’ this, it might even be the second, but who’s countin’?
It’s the time for Halloween, carvin’ pumpkins, pickin’ apples and the high time of autumn leaves!
I’ve spent all day messin’ with recipes usin’ a heap of pumpkin puree I whipped up yesterday. Seems about right for the season!
Autumn is my top-pick season. I’m over the moon about them colorful leaves, sippin’ on piping hot milky tea and diggin’ out my cozy sweaters and warm socks once again.
Above everything else though, I’m all about that wonderfully spiced, comforting food that comes with fall. Pumpkin spice (just ’bout anything) is one of my most cherished flavors.
So when summer starts to dwindle and autumn rolls on in each year, I can’t help but feel a little peeved that canned pumpkin puree ain’t available here in the UK. Why? Can’t tell ya!
This go around though, I’ve got a plan. Each week this season will start with me whippin’ up a fresh batch of homemade pumpkin puree to keep in the icebox ready for cookin’ or bakin’, or just in case that hankerin’ for one of those irresistible pumpkin spice lattes hits me again.
It’s turned into my favorite thing to do when I’m hankerin’ for a comfy afternoon curled up on the couch with a good book ‘n hot drink.
If you give this recipe a whirl at home don’t forget to tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. Lord knows I love seein’ your beautiful recreations!
Don’t forget now – sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter so you get all them new recipes, vegan lifestyle tips ‘n travel tales straight to your inbox!
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
Prep time: 3 mins
Cook time: 4 mins
Total time: 7 mins
– 3 Tbsp pumpkin puree
– ½ tsp ground cinnamon
– ¼ tsp ground ginger
– ¼ tsp ground cloves
– ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
– 1-2 Tbsp soft brown sugar
– 250 ml non-dairy milk (soy milk recommended)
– ½ tsp vanilla extract
– Double shot espresso or strong coffee (approx. 80 ml)
1. Add the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg to a small sauce pan and cook it over medium heat for about 1 minute until the mixture starts becoming fragrant.
2. Stir in the sugar and let it cook for another 30 seconds.
3. Add the milk and vanilla extract to the pan and whisk until the mixture is hot. Be sure not to let it boil.
4. Stir in the espresso or strong brewed coffee and pour it into a tall glass or mug.
5. Optional: You can pour the mixture through a sieve or strainer to remove any pumpkin pieces or clumps of spices.
6. Enjoy your homemade Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte!
If you enjoyed my previous recipes, I’ve got a few more delicious ones for you to try. Why not start your day with my Vegan Breakfast Crumble recipe.
It’s delicious and the perfect way to kickstart your morning. For a midday refreshment, you can’t go wrong with my Pomegranate Lime & Mint Fizz Cocktail recipe, it’s a burst of refreshing flavors in every sip.
As the day progresses, snuggle up with a warm cup of my Rich & Creamy Vegan Chilli Hot Chocolate recipe. This hot chocolate is pure indulgence and is also vegan friendly.
And for dessert? You’ll love the decadence of my Vegan Salted Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Fudge Cookies recipe.
They’re divinely melt-in-your-mouth good and will surely satisfy any sweet tooth.