vegan root stew recipe Recipe
Ultimate Vegan Root Vegetable Stew Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 parsnips, peeled and diced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 turnip, peeled and diced
- 1 beetroot, peeled and diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- A pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Prepare all the vegetables by peeling them and chopping them into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat, add the olive oil.
- Once the oil is heated, add the onions to the pot and sauté until they become translucent.
- Add in the minced garlic to the pot and continue to cook until it becomes fragrant.
- Now it’s time to add the root vegetables – carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes, turnips, beetroot – into the pot.
- Stir everything together so that all of the vegetables are evenly coated with oil.
- Pour in your vegetable broth so that all of your ingredients are submerged in liquid.
- Season with salt, pepper thyme, rosemary and a pinch of cayenne pepper if you want a bit of heat.
- Bring your stew up to a boil over high heat then reduce down to medium-low heat so that it can simmer gently for about an hour or until all of your root vegetables are tender.
- Adjust seasoning if needed at this point according to your taste preference.
- Remove from heat then serve warm with fresh parsley sprinkled on top for garnish.
Enjoy this hearty Ultimate Vegan Root Vegetable Stew – as comforting as it is healthy! It’s packed full of flavor from all those root veggies and herbs making it perfect for a chilly day or when you just want a filling meal.
If you’re a fan of my vegan root stew recipe, I have several other delicious and hearty comfort food recipes that you might enjoy. One of my personal favourites is the Creamy Vegan Potato Salad with Sautéed Lemon Asparagus. It offers a unique twist on the classic potato salad and is perfect for any season. Another must-try recipe is the Vegan Baby Potato Salad with Tahini Dijon Mustard Dressing, which is hearty and packed with flavours that will satisfy your taste buds. For something more exotic, I recommend my Spicy Lemongrass Infused Ginger Coconut Soup with Crispy Tofu. And if you’re looking for a great side dish, don’t forget to check out my recipe for Vegan Maple Glazed Hasselback Potatoes. I hope you’ll find these recipes as enjoyable to make (and eat!) as I do!