Happy first official day of Autumn y’all! And since the start o’ Autumn also marks the start o’ the mushroom season, let’s rejoice with a hearty, creamy mushroom dish.
Vegan Rosemary Mushroom Tagliatelle with Cauliflower Cream. I still find it hard to believe that the main ingredient of this deliciously rich and creamy sauce is cauliflower! It’s just too dang good.
Finish up that pasta dish with your favourite kind of mushrooms sizzled up in rosemary and olive oil.
It’s creamy and packed full of flavor – it’s a match made in heaven and the perfect recipe to kick off the season.
I’m gonna keep this post short and sweet ’cause I’m about to head on out to beautiful Dorset to spend the first Autumn weekend at a small festival by the sea.
Talk at y’all soon. Bye!!
Vegan Rosemary Mushroom Tagliatelle With Cauliflower Cream Recipe
– ½ medium sized cauliflower
– 3 garlic cloves
– ½ medium sized onion
– 1 cup cashews (soaked or boiled)
– 1 cup non-dairy milk
– 3 Tbsp olive oil
– 3 Tbsp water
– juice of 1 lemon
– ½ tsp salt
– ¼ tsp pepper
– 1 small package of your favourite mushrooms
– 1 small handful of fresh rosemary
– Pasta of choice
1. Pre-heat the oven to 175˚C.
2. Roughly cut up the cauliflower and the onion and peel the garlic cloves. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roast the vegetables in the oven for 20 minutes or until it’s starting to turn golden brown.
3. Take it out of the oven and let it cool down. Then add it to a high-speed blender, add the pre-soaked or boiled cashews, non-dairy milk, olive oil, water, lemon juice, salt and pepper and blend until smooth. If necessary, you can add more milk to help it blend more smoothly.
4. Cut up the mushrooms and the rosemary and fry them in olive oil using a pan or the oven. Season with pepper and salt to taste.
5. You can heat up the cauliflower cream sauce in the same pan or a small saucepan.
6. Cook the pasta according to package directions and serve with cauliflower cream and topped with mushrooms. Enjoy!
If you’re looking for more plant-based meal inspiration, I have a multitude of other flavorful recipes you can try.
For instance, my Vegan Baby Potato Salad With Tahini Dijon Mustard Dressing (Aka The Best Damn Potato Salad) recipe is a crowd favorite.
If you’re in the mood for something with a kick, my Vegan Spicy Fried Bean & Sweet Potato Burritos recipe will certainly fit the bill.
Meanwhile, pasta lovers will enjoy my creamy and satisfying Creamy Vegan Tomato Sage Spaghetti recipe.
And lastly, for a light yet fulfilling meal, dive into my Vegan Couscous Salad With Crispy Fried Tofu And Pomegranate Seeds recipe.
I hope these dishes excite your taste buds as much as they do mine!