Well, you heard read right, darlin’! We’re talkin’ ’bout fudgy chocolate cookies with a salted caramel center that just spills out when you take that first nibble.
And bless your heart, they’re vegan!
‘Heck yeah’ will be the only thought in your head when you hit that sticky caramel middle. Just. Too. Tasty.
Tucked away in a quaint box and some holiday-themed fabric, these cookies make a mighty fine homemade Christmas present.
They’re also the perfect extra for any holiday coffee table setting.
Try dunking a cookie in hot milky tea on a chilly winter evening, preferably cozied up on the couch with a good book. Sounds nice, don’t it?
Y’all have an amazing weekend! Filled with Christmas melodies and maybe a fresh batch of hot fudgy cookies?
Vegan Salted Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Fudge Cookies Recipe
For the cookie dough:
– 1 cup + 2 Tbsp white flour
– 1½ tsp baking powder
– ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– pinch of salt
– ½ cup margarine
– ¾ cup soft light brown sugar
– 2 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
– 5 Tbsp water
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the caramel filling:
– 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp margarine
– 1½ Tbsp white flour
– 1 Tbsp water
– 6 Tbsp sugar
– ½ tsp blackstrap molasses
– 3 Tbsp coconut cream
1. Mix together 2 Tbsp ground flaxseeds and 5 Tbsp water and set it aside to ‘gelify’.
2. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, cocoa and salt.
3. Add the margarine and vanilla extract and combine the mixture using a fork. Dust your hands with flour and knead the dough until well combined. Then form a ball and pop the bowl in the fridge.
4. Melt the margarine in a sauce pan on medium heat, add the flour and stir it into the melted margarine.
5. Add the water, sugar and black strap molasses and turn up the heat and stir until the mixture forms bubbles.
6. Stir in the coconut cream then turn down the heat again and stir for another 5 minutes.
7. Set the mixture aside to cool.
8. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Take the cookie dough out of the fridge and form 8 balls (approx. 4 cm diameter) by rolling bits of the dough between your hands.
9. Place the dough balls on the baking tray and push a indentation in each ball using your thumb.
10. Use a teaspoon to generously fill the indentations with caramel. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes and then form smaller dough balls, flatten between your fingers and place on top of the caramel. Press down the dough until the caramel is fully covered and it looks like a cookie.
11. Pop the cookies in the pre-heated oven and bake at 180˚C for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cookie tops start getting cracks.
12. Enjoy your Salted Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Fudge Cookies!
If you’re looking for more captivating dishes to experiment with, I have an array of other recipes that you might find intriguing.
First off, my Vegan Festive Pecan Pie recipe bridges the gap between health and indulgence perfectly.
If you’re a bit of a chocoholic like me, then my Vegan Mocha Chocolate Pie – Plant Based Cooks recipe should satisfy your craving.
For the fans of fruit-based deserts out there, I recommend trying my Vegan Pear Custard Pie With Caramelized Almond Crust recipe and my Vegan Pear Cranberry Crumble With Homemade Custard recipe. They promise a burst of flavor that will leave your taste buds dancing!
Enjoy exploring these recipes as much as I did creating them.