Happy Friday y’all! The weekend is nearly upon us, and here in my homey abode, a snug October weekend beckons a fresh batch of homemade cookies. Now, we ain’t talkin’ about just any ol’ cookie. Let me introduce y’all to my mouth-watering salted chocolate chip rosemary cookies, all vegan to boot.
Enjoy ’em right from the oven, dunked into a hot cup of (soy) milky earl grey.
The best thing? Your house will be filled with the aroma of freshly baked cookies and that sweet smell of rosemary all day. It’s become my new favorite fall fragrance. I reckon Yankee Candles oughta consider adding this cozy combo to their holiday lineup!
Salted dark chocolate and rosemary go together like peas and carrots – makes me wonder why this herb ain’t in every darn dark chocolate chip cookie recipe out there.
If you’re an old hand at baking cookies, you know achieving that just-right chewy texture can be as tricky as a catfish in a creek but let me tell ya, these little delights hit the spot! They’re the perfect blend of crispy edges with a soft, almost fudgy center.
I’m on Twitter now! Mosey on over to My Vibrant Kitchen on Twitter and do follow me for my latest concoctions as well as all those scrumptious vegan recipes by some of my favorite food bloggers.
If you whip up this recipe at your place be sure to tag your photo with #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I love seeing all your beautiful remakes. And don’t forget – sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter to get fresh-off-the-press recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries straight into your mailbox.
Vegan Salted Chocolate Chip & Rosemary Cookies Recipe
- 60 ml soy milk
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 225 g margarine
- 100 g brown sugar
- 100 g caster sugar
- 285 g all purpose flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda (aka. baking soda)
- 150 g chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- 2 packed Tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C.
- Finely chop the rosemary and the chocolate if using a bar instead of chocolate chips.
- Then add the soy milk, vanilla extract, margarine, brown sugar and white caster sugar to a big mixing bowl and combine using an electric whisk.
- Whip until smooth and creamy then add the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda (not baking powder!), chocolate chips and chopped rosemary. Mix everything with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and scoop small tablespoons full of cookie dough onto the tray leaving enough space for the cookies to flatten and expand. The dough will be rather sticky, don’t worry, that’s how it’s supposed to be!
- Pop the trays in the oven and bake them for 10 -12 minutes or until the edges start turning golden brown.
- Enjoy warm or store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
If you’re looking for a new culinary adventure, I have a few other dessert recipes that will surely tickle your taste buds. For instance, you can try my Vegan S’Mores Tartlets recipe.
If you want to experience a unique blend of spicy and sweet, then my Vegan Mayan Spiced Whipped Chocolate Pie recipe would be a good choice.
And if you’re in the mood for something exotic and indulgent then my Vegan Chai Spiced Shortbread With Chocolate Ganache & Salted Pistachios recipe is just what you need.
Lastly, if you don’t mind a dash of Austrian flavor to your dessert, do not hesitate to try out my Vegan Kaiserschmarrn: Austrian Torn Pancakes With Baked Pears & Blackberries recipe. Each of these deliciously vegan desserts will surely satisfy your sweet tooth while keeping things healthy and cruelty-free.