Happy Thursday! This recipe is more of an idea than a proper recipe. It’s ridiculously easy to make, only call for four ingredients and won’t take long either.
Medjool dates stuffed with toasted almonds, then covered in dark chocolate and finished off with a sprinkle of sea salt flakes. Voila! So easy yet so good.
The sea salt and dark chocolate balance out the sticky sweetness of the (almost caramel like!) dates and the toasted almonds give the treats a nice crunch.
I think these would make an excellent last minute Christmas present since they’re thrown together in no time but look rather sophisticated. Don’t you think?
If you make this recipe at home be sure to tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I love seeing all your beautiful recreations. And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter to get the latest recipes, vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries straight to your inbox.
- 20 medjool dates
- 20 unsalted almonds
- 200 g dark chocolate
- Sea salt flakes
- Toast the almonds in a frying pan (no oil necessary!) until they start turning golden brown.
- Cut open one side of each date and remove the pit. Replace it with an almond and press the date shut again.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie (water bath). Once fully melted, dip each stuffed date in the chocolate and place it on a a sheet of parchment paper.
- Sprinkle sea salt flakes on top while the chocolate is still wet.
- Let it dry for at least one hour before eating or placing them in a gift box. Enjoy!