I get it, I get it, it’s the tail end of October and s’mores have typically been a summer campfire delight here in America… but lend me your ear!
With both Halloween and Bonfire Night just a hop, skip and jump away, wouldn’t a flame-kissed dessert feel just right? And reckon it’s got a bit of an enchanting, witchy vibe too if you ask me.
For these irresistible vegan s’mores tartlets, you ain’t gotta huddle around a bonfire on a chilly Autumn evening pretending not to notice the downright frosty air (cough, Bonfire Night anybody?). Nah, y’all can whip up these darlings, torch ’em and savour every bite from the comfortable warmth of your cozy homestead. Sounds pretty nice now doesn’t it?
And if that hasn’t won you over yet, they also happen to be what we call down here a real triple threat: they’re outrageously tasty (I’m talkin’ about a crunchy biscuit crust with creamy chocolate and caramelized marshmallow fluff!), but they’re also lickety-split quick and simple as pie to make!
Trust me when I say this – they’re sure to amaze even the most die-hard vegan doubters amongst your buddies or party guests.
I’ve joined Twitter y’all! Hop on over to My Vibrant Kitchen on Twitter and follow my latest culinary adventures as well as all the lip-smackingly good vegan recipes by my favorite food bloggers.
If y’all whip up this recipe at home make sure to tag your photo #myvibrantkitchen on Instagram. I love seeing all your lovely recreations. And don’t forget to sign up for My Vibrant Kitchen’s newsletter so ya’ll get the freshest recipes, handy-dandy vegan lifestyle tips and travel diaries straight into your inbox.
Vegan S’Mores Tartlets Recipe
– Prep time: 20 mins
– Cook time: 15 mins
– Total time: 35 mins
– 6 mini tarts
– 80 g margarine
– 1½ Tbsp coconut oil
– 250 g Lotus Biscoff biscuits or graham crackers
– Pinch of salt
– 400 g coconut milk
– 350 g dark chocolate
– 120 ml aquafaba (chickpea water)
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– ½ tsp xanthan gum
– 60 g icing sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C.
2. For the crust add the biscuits and salt in a food processor and pulse to a fine breadcrumb consistency. Pour in the melted margarine and coconut oil and combine well.
3. Using a wooden spoon or your fingertips press the mixture into 6 greased small loose bottom tart tins and work it up the sides. Alternatively you can also make one big tart in a regular loose bottom tart tin.
4. Bake the tart crusts for 15 minutes then set aside and let them cool.
5. For the chocolate filling pour the coconut milk in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil on medium heat. Once the coconut milk starts bubbling take it off the heat and add the roughly chopped chocolate. Let it sit for a minute then stir until the chocolate is fully melted and well combined.
6. Pour the chocolate filling in the tart crusts and pop the tarts in the fridge to set.
7. Meanwhile you can prepare the marshmallow fluff topping. Add the aquafaba, vanilla extract and xanthin gum to a mixing bowl and use a handheld mixer to whip on high for 2-3 minutes until the mixture turns fluffy and frothy.
8. Slowly add the icing sugar and whip for another 2-3 minutes until the mixture becomes thick and glossy just like marshmallow fluff.
9. Once the tart’s chocolate filling has set and is firm enough to touch without sticking to the finger, scoop the marshmallow fluff into a piping bag and pipe dollops of it onto the tarts.
10. Using a kitchen blowtorch caramelise the marshmallow fluff until it turns golden brown.
After you’ve tried my classic dessert, you can also explore and experiment with other delicious recipes on My Vibrant Kitchen.
For chocolate lovers, my Vegan Mayan Spiced Whipped Chocolate Pie recipe will surely tantalize your taste buds with rich, spiced chocolate in a fluffy whipped form.
If you prefer the enticing flavors of chai and pistachios, my Vegan Chai Spiced Shortbread With Chocolate Ganache & Salted Pistachios recipe is the perfect blend of sweet, spicy, and salty.
Looking for something a bit out of the ordinary?
It’s an innovative take on pancakes that combines different textures with juicy fruits for a unique dessert experience.
And for those who enjoy delightful mousse-filled pies, don’t miss trying out my Vegan Salted Caramel Chocolate Mousse Pie recipe. These are just some of the many flavorful vegan desserts you can find on my blog!